Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

2012+ Bounder Owners--Where is the PCM Number??

We are thinking about jumping on the group buy for the 5-Star tune and need to go to our storage facility to find the correct PCM number. If you have located yours, please advise where you found it! Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2015, 05:49 AM   #2

The PCM Code on my 35K is located behind the front engine access panel. Looking at the drivers side of the coach up against the extreme right side looking aft on the firewall is the control box and the code is printed on the box. Also on my unit the OBD connector is in plain sight mounted on the left side of the steering column. I did use the group buy and be aware of one other thing. For the full effect of the tune the coach will need about 5 cycle of operation. The control unit is smart and needs a few cycles to fully optimize for your driving style.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
On my B the code was under the inside dash, against the firewall, not outside as 5 star told me. It is very close to the OBD plug.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
The PCM Code on my 35K is located behind the front engine access panel. Looking at the drivers side of the coach up against the extreme right side looking aft on the firewall is the control box and the code is printed on the box. Also on my unit the OBD connector is in plain sight mounted on the left side of the steering column. I did use the group buy and be aware of one other thing. For the full effect of the tune the coach will need about 5 cycle of operation. The control unit is smart and needs a few cycles to fully optimize for your driving style.
Thanks; we found the code in the engine compartment.

When you say the full effect needs about 5 "cycle of operation", do you mean driving cycle? I appreciate the info.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
On my B the code was under the inside dash, against the firewall, not outside as 5 star told me. It is very close to the OBD plug.
Thanks! We found it.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #6

Yes driving cycles, Driving it a bit shutting it off and repeating that a few times. I'm not sure if it needs to be shut off and cooled down to be considered a cycle or not.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder