Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensroomie View Post
Check out the on-line brochure for specs on roof, etc
Good luck with your search!
Linda
I have the brochure from the dealer and downloaded the online one(they are both the same) with no mention of roof material. This leads me to believe its not fiberglass but some sort of rubber(tpo,brite tech,etc.) I forgot to ask when with salesman and after I remembered I wanted to climb up and check and no ladder. I can live without the ladder but full body paint,levelers and a fiberglass roof were on my must have list.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post

I have the brochure from the dealer and downloaded the online one(they are both the same) with no mention of roof material. This leads me to believe its not fiberglass but some sort of rubber(tpo,brite tech,etc.) I forgot to ask when with salesman and after I remembered I wanted to climb up and check and no ladder. I can live without the ladder but full body paint,levelers and a fiberglass roof were on my must have list.
Mike,
I googled roofing material for 2014 Excursion 35B, and found the following info on a dealer's website:

Body Structure

Tuff Coat Solid Fiberglass Siding
One Piece TPO Roof
Aluminum Interlocking Floor/Wall/Ceiling Framing
Basement Floor Configuration
Basement Storage
Heated Water & Holding Tank Compartments
Radius Roof with Ducted A/C
Vacu-Bond Upper/Lower Floors, Walls & Ceilings

Not being familiar with TPO, I then googled it and found it is the upgraded version of a rubber roof. Very similar in components, but improved and highly recommended.

My husband said our coach has a white roof (even though the body is Black Onyx). No roof ladder is a bummer, and truly the only disappointment we have encountered. Also, if you decide on the 35B and want Maxx-Aire covers over your roof vents, one of the a/c units is too close to the kitchen vent so a Maxx-Aire cover cannot be installed over that vent, which is somewhat disappointing.

Hope all this helps.
Linda
Kensroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #59

Thanks Linda. That's a real bummer
Old 08-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #60

Will be in Decator in a couple of days to watch our 35C being built. I hope the plant has some A/C, it's gonna be a hot one.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #61

As far as the question of the TV position on the 33A we really like it. One of the annoying things with motorhomes is that you can have that hallway living effect -basically everything pushed to sides and all sitting and viewing is north/south. Having the TV viewing on the passenger side orientates the living space to feel more "living room" like. As a former residential architecture major in college I think this design nuance makes a big difference. I have attached a picture from this weekend's camping. I wasn't able to capture the whole view but hopefully it gives a sense of the 33A's "living room" feel. The two front chairs can be turned around and fully used. The L-shaped couch finishes the half circle of seating. Then you have the TV in the center of the half circle of seating. We added a bean bag chair for extra seating. We can comfortably seat all six of us when we watch a movie. Also the TV position is ideal for viewing when going down the road and fully viewable. As far as the comment about it taking up counter space we just put it up when we need the counter space. I think the 33A has the most counter space when the TV is up. PLUS -we wanted a full table to sit around with the six of us. The other floor plans only have 2-4 person table seating options. Between the cab dropdown bunk, the L-shaped couch that makes a queen bed; and the rear bed we sleep 6 just fine. We wanted a more true living room feel for my larger family. The trade-off is the smaller non-slideout bedroom.

The bottom line -you should pick a floor plan that works best for you. As others have said they walked through the different models and chose what works for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33A-LivingRm.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	44384  
RVMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #62

You are absolutely right about choosing the floor plan that works for your own personal needs and comfort, RVMeister. There are so many options to chose from that things can get complicated quickly. Love that you take your entire crew with you. We took our g'daughters last weekend and were amazed at the roominess we enjoyed sleeping and eating as we'll as the privacy. In the 35B, we also enjoy a real living room and can sleep and feed six or seven without any add'l furniture. We always carry a couple snack trays to use outside or at the sofa, if needed. Personally, with just the two of us traveling, we enjoy eating at the bar using the bar stools that are stock in the 35B. The curved eat-at kitchen counter was a big plus in going with the 35B and will likely use the pullout table for a work station, etc. Again, different strokes for different folks! Keep us posted on your Excursion excursions. Always enjoy reading everyone's input.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #63

It looks impossible to get a good view of the tv from the passenger seat in the 33A. Didn't like the split bath or the tv placement on the 33D. The 35C seems to me to have a lot of wasted space on the drivers side with a small pull out table for two and the chairs look like one set of legs on carpet and the other a inch lower on floor. That leaves us with the 35B. Same problem with the chairs. Guess I could cut a inch off of the legs on one side. My next problem is getting over the tpo roof material. Thanks for everyone's input. That's why they make all types of floor plans. Like they say there's a a$$ for every seat.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #64

Mike, I've attached some pics from our 35B living, kitchen, TV. Chairs at pullout table sit level as table pulls out past slide ledge. Best seats for TV are recliner, L-shape sofa corner (actually configures to a chaise) and driver & passenger seats turned 180 degrees. As you can see by kitchen counter, there is expanded workspace as well as nice eating area. Can't make you feel better about TPO roof, but from researching, it seems to be recommended. Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you decide.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-553542266.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	44425   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3862238687.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	472.8 KB
ID:	44426  

Name:	image-832294749.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	460.9 KB
ID:	44427   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-574326904.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	44428  

Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #65

Thanks again Linda. I had my mind set on a older high end coach like a Foretravel,Country Coach or something in Fleetwoods Amercian line. Now I'm rethinking and really like this 35B. Is anyone willing to share what their purchase price was? I know this is a tough question for some. I know from all the reading over the years 25-27% off msrp and up to 30. I would rather have some real numbers. Think we're going to head off to the Hershey show in September and take a good look around. Ooh and what about fuel milage? I'm guessing about 9 on the flat.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #66

Well, we were in somewhat of a lurch since we had a 2012 Fleetwood Jamboree 24R (Mercedes Turbo diesel) to trade. We bought it new in Jan '13, and only slept in it 4 nights. It was our first rig and too small for more than a few nights. Knew we'd take a bath, but we didn't do too bad after shopping around. Did lots of research and shopping online and by phone. We live in Houston area and dealers here were way off the price. Could have bought a Palazzo for $174k when others only wanted $148K. Went to Ancira in Boerne, TX (250 miles) and they gave us a fair trade on the 35B. List for our rig with options was $202K, but we ended up at $160K, more or less considering our trade. Might have done better w/o trade, but didn't want to trying to sell the Jamboree ourselves. When you consider any 2014 coach, as opposed to a 2013 model, the discount is usually slightly less. As for mileage, we don't have exact numbers yet, but rough first estimate is 8-9 w/o toad. That's the only thing we miss about the Jamboree....17 mpg....but as my husband says, "If you're worried about the gas mileage, you probably shouldn't be driving a motorhome anyway!" LOL

P.S. We live about 100 miles from the Foretravel Factory and pass by often as we travel to our vacation home in Arkansas. They are awesome rigs, but too big a commitment for our budget. As for the American Coaches, our travel buddies have a 2013 American Revolution and are having serious problems with a/c and hydraulic jacks. Have also had ALL house batteries replaced already. Even though it's under warranty, they haven't been able to use it because of the problems and fear of dependability.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #67

Hey Mike,
Just curious....thought you went ahead and bought a Palazzo. Change your mind?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #68

Quote:
Hey Mike,
Just curious....thought you went ahead and bought a Palazzo. Change your mind?

No never even saw one or talked about one. Maybe getting me mixed up with someone else? I hear the fit and finish is not as good as the FW?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #69

Too funny....previous post was from MIKE BRIS on 8/03/13. Small world. He had been looking at Excursion as well as Palazzo, but went with Palazzo. I think there are many of us who compared the two models, but we are very pleased with FW and the Ancira dealership in Boerne, TX compared to the Thor dealer in Houston.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #70

Quote:
Too funny....previous post was from MIKE BRIS on 8/03/13. Small world. He had been looking at Excursion as well as Palazzo, but went with Palazzo. I think there are many of us who compared the two models, but we are very pleased with FW and the Ancira dealership in Boerne, TX compared to the Thor dealer in Houston.

LOL Linda. I'm going to the Hershey Pa. show in a few weeks to see a bunch at once. I still did not rule out a older used more high end coach or less$$ I'm wondering if the price have come down a little. Camping Word always seems to be over priced but this one looks fairly priced http://www.campingworldofatlanta.com...cursion/259428