Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #253

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teblues View Post
We will not be fulltiming, spending 2-3 months at the longest time with shorter lenght trips inbetween (weekends and 1-2 weeks). How do you think the small bedroom and bathroom would work for this type of camping? I like the front on the 35B, but not the back for room.
Hi Teblues. We're weekenders so I can't give you a feel for 2 month trips. I can tell you that it is tight back there but definitely livable. We have the washer/dryer combo which makes it even tighter (takes away the nightstand on that side). That's my side and I don't mind...I don't spend that much time back there.

As for the bathroom, I don't think it's small. It's actually a good size for changing, showers, and all the other activities. The sink is a bit small but I can live with it.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your decision!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #254

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccupton View Post
Our mpg is 14.3 without toad. 12.9 with toad.

Happy Camping !!!!
Hi Cc, is that 14.3 calculated from fuel fills or is it the display mileage on your dash? I'm only getting approx. 11mpg (calculated at fuel stops) so wondering if it's in line with others with the same rig of if I have to start playing with the tire pressure or something else. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #255

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teblues View Post
We will not be fulltiming, spending 2-3 months at the longest time with shorter lenght trips inbetween (weekends and 1-2 weeks). How do you think the small bedroom and bathroom would work for this type of camping? I like the front on the 35B, but not the back for room.

I find the back ok. Yes, other coaches have bigger bedrooms, but all you really do in a bedroom is sleep. We previously had a corner bed MH - that didn't work at all. I'm finding I use the w/d all the time, go figure! The bath is a decent size as well, at least we are happy with it.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #256

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks everyone that took the time to answer my questions.

We are negotiating stage right now. I too have some concerns about the space in the back. I feel though that that's what you get if you like a class A with decent fuel mileage.
radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #257

Just bought a 33d. Due to scheduling (on our part, not the dealer's) we'll take delivery on July 19th. Personally I'm not wild about the floor plan but DW fell in love with it the first time she saw it (we looked at the 39r, the 35b and 33d side by side comparisons). Test drive felt a bit stiff to me but boy oh boy was it responsive. I'm going to really have to watch the lead foot

Question - best mattress solution for the cab bed??
NadaThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #258

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadaThing View Post
Just bought a 33d. Due to scheduling (on our part, not the dealer's) we'll take delivery on July 19th. Personally I'm not wild about the floor plan but DW fell in love with it the first time she saw it (we looked at the 39r, the 35b and 33d side by side comparisons). Test drive felt a bit stiff to me but boy oh boy was it responsive. I'm going to really have to watch the lead foot

Question - best mattress solution for the cab bed??

Ours came with a blow up mattress and I have a foam topper. Keep the foam topper on there when it's up - the blow up under the bed. I've never slept on it, but friends that have, say it is very comfortable.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #259

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ours came with blow up mattress. Everyone says it's ok to sleep on.
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #260

We bought a 6" queen futon mattress on Overstock.com for the cab queen. Much better than the blow up mattress. We keep it up there when we travel too. We put a 2" memory foam topper on the cheap queen short that came with the coach in our bedroom and made it 1,000% better. And was only $100.
noxqsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #261

Hey folks, an update on our Excursion situation. We sold our primary home and buyers purchased all furniture except baby grand piano which went to storage. While we evaluate our next step in downsizing, we are temporarily full-timing in the 35B we purchased last summer. Had it on a consignment lot, but no one looking for a slightly used 2014 model when they could buy new. Having only spent 3 nights in the coach until now, we had no concept if it would be liveable long term. However, we just stayed our first full week and are having a blast! Plenty of room for the two of us and our little Yorkie. Love the residential fridge and comfy queen bed. Plenty of room in shower and no leaks! The overall inside & outside storage is amazing! Going to try combo w/d tomorrow, but will likely only use it for very light loads. Book says it takes too long to dry, but hopefully do undies and delicates I don't want to put in park laundry. We are now contemplating whether to keep it or try to sell it again when we relocate to a townhome. If we sell, we will not use a consignment lot. We'd rather take a loss ourselves than give them a huge commission. Right now, Life is Good, and we highly recommend the 35B to anyone contemplating a very accommodating reasonably priced coach.
Kensroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #262

Anyone have problem with Dometics electric awning? Our awning will not retract. Called dealer who referred us to mobile RV repairman in our area. He called Dometic to order new motor and was told it is a recall part. They are overnighting new motor and mobile repair will replace tomorrow. Would be a real bummer if it happened while traveling. Good news is part is covered by Dometic. Bad news is, labor is not. Looks like the first battle with our 2014 excursion 35b. Errrrrrrr!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #263

Did you get it fixed? I thought there was a way to manually retract or extend the awning.
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #264

Yes, Dondar, we did get it fixed. Dometics overnighted new motor and mobile repairman fixed it next day. Have since talked to Dometics and they will refund labor charges since it was recall item. Awning does have manual override, but even repairman said it's not an easy effort. Plus two short folks with only one ladder... Didn't even try!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #265

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We took the jump and purchased a 2015 35B.

So far we really enjoy the layout and space the unit is giving us.

Radar 224
radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #266

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar224 View Post
We took the jump and purchased a 2015 35B.

So far we really enjoy the layout and space the unit is giving us.

Radar 224

Congrats! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!