Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
2013-2014 Excursion owners' post

someone else was going to start this thread but posted in another thread so I thought I would .

Post what you have 33a, 33d, 35b or 35c and also your like's and dislike's of the unit and any problem's that you have had , mite also ad mpg's

I have been going back and forth between buying either the excursion or the palazzo . the excursion is a nice looking unit from the outside paint to interior but very hard to find info on them hence this thread will help a lot of interested buyer's out and also help owner's out with problem's and quick fix's .

Thank you
mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2013 - 35b

We have a 2013 35B. Love our rig. No major issues yet. We have 3,360 miles on it and take it out every weekend.

Chris
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #3

Mike, I had started posting on the "2013 Excursion" but the 2013-2014 covers it better and I hope others will come on over. I am a wantabe Excursion owner. (33D) Our Bounder serves us well and we do enjoy it. I would like a DP, but at 80 years old, I know I will never wear it out...ha ha Our Bounder has been flawless in the last 13 years. I keep it in my barn where I can plug it in....it looks like new except for the right rear when I had a blowout and tore some trim off...(on order at the dealer)

I looked at the Palazzo long and hard. They have had many slide problems in the past but Thor says they are upgrading the motors, slides, gears, etc but do not know how successful they have been. Taking a motorhome to Indiana from South Texas for upgrades is not my idea of a fun trip.

I noted some "less expensive" items on the Palazzo, one being drum brakes on the front wheels vs. disc....Thor told Freightliner to change them out plus some other chassis items to save money....Thor has also stopped building the 33.1 model...the one I would buy.

The other reason I like the Excursion is the dealer (Anciria RV) is two miles from my home and is a #1 dealer in service, etc.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
the excursion also has drum brake's front and back .

the excursion has better fit and finish compared to the palazzo .

I just took wife to dealer to look at 2 excursion's "33a and 35b and a palazzo 33.3 "bunk bed's . she like's the sexiness " her word's " of the excursion but like's the floor plan better in the bunkhouse palazzo . so we will see what unit we will pick ,
I have also spoke with a few new 2014 palazzo owner and they seem to have no trouble with the big slide.
Also 2013 was the first year of the palazzo and now the 2014 have the fixes that they found wrong on the first year unit's

wish me luck
mike
Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #5

[QUOTE=mikebrls;1660083]the excursion also has drum brake's front and back .

Thanks, Mike. I stand corrected. I was told the wrong information.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

Evergreen Owners Club
[QUOTE=George Lewis;1660785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
the excursion also has drum brake's front and back .

Thanks, Mike. I stand corrected. I was told the wrong information.
no problem , I had thought the same thing until I did a bunch of research now that i am ready to buy something with in the next week .
I will find out tomorrow if the unit I want on the lot at dealer will be mine or i have to wait for a new one to come in

mike
Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #7

Have we ALL compared the Excursion to the Palazzo? LOL. Seriously, from our research, Fleetwood outshines Thor of late. We bought the 2014 Excursion 35B three weeks ago and are absolutely loving it. Thought at first the comp Palazzo had advantage with rear bath plus half bath, however, in talking with several folks of different makes/models, they say the rear bath is not a better option and the half bath is a total waste of space....unless maybe if you have a "bus full". Also do not like dinette booth in Palazzo but prefer table/chairs in 35B. Upholstery seems slightly better quality as well in the 35B. It's all in what your personal needs are. I was sold on the Palazzo until we looked at the 35B....and I never looked back!

Thanks for starting this Excursion thread. It will be so helpful and fun comparing notes with other owners or wannabes.
Kensroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #8

We originally purchased a 33A and recently traded it in for a 35C. A few small issues with the 33A, but nothing to throw up any red flags (our 33A was an early production unit)We had the same issue as another owner with the Inverter control module being the wrong one. When we took it in for warranty repair, we walked through the 35C and found the layout to be a better fit for us. 30 Minutes later we were signing papers.

The only issue we have had with the 35C is the steering wheel was one tooth off to the right. 10 minute fix with a rented steering wheel puller from Autozone. We have put 2000 miles on it over several trips, and haven't found a reason to take it back to the dealer yet. Fit and finish are perfect. No rattles or loose cabinets. Everything works exactly as it's supposed to :-)

Very happy campers here!
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondar View Post
We originally purchased a 33A and recently traded it in for a 35C. A few small issues with the 33A, but nothing to throw up any red flags (our 33A was an early production unit)We had the same issue as another owner with the Inverter control module being the wrong one. When we took it in for warranty repair, we walked through the 35C and found the layout to be a better fit for us. 30 Minutes later we were signing papers.

The only issue we have had with the 35C is the steering wheel was one tooth off to the right. 10 minute fix with a rented steering wheel puller from Autozone. We have put 2000 miles on it over several trips, and haven't found a reason to take it back to the dealer yet. Fit and finish are perfect. No rattles or loose cabinets. Everything works exactly as it's supposed to :-)

Very happy campers here!
Dondar

Funny you say that about the steering wheel. I have the same exact problem with my rig. I have to fix that.

Happy camping

Chris
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccupton View Post
Dondar

Funny you say that about the steering wheel. I have the same exact problem with my rig. I have to fix that.

Happy camping

Chris
Just rent a steering wheel puller. The puller will come with 3 sizes of bolts (all the wrong size for our fleetwood) you will need to spend .70 cents and buy two 3 1/2 inch long 1/4x20 bolts for the puller. You will need a deep 1 1/4 socket for the steering wheel nut. The deep socket will let you keep the horn wire iside of the socket when you loosen the nut. Just push the wire to the side and use the back side of large socket on top of the steering column with the puller. It doesn't need to be fully centered so you don't pinch the wire. The entire center section of the steering wheel is held on by 4 clips. Just pull and it pops right off. When reinstalling the horn section push one side and the the other to prevent the horn from blowing. If you don't mind the horn blowing align the clips and push from the center. Once you have the parts and tools this is a ten minute or less job.

Our steering wheel was centered at 1 oclock. One tooth put it strait up and down.
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #11

Anyone looked at the Forza and compared that to the Excursion and Palazzo?
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Dondor. Will get it handled.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #13

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
Anyone looked at the Forza and compared that to the Excursion and Palazzo?
don't think there out yet ?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking at a 2013 Excursion 33A. The main concern we have is the residential fridge. We like to dry camp at state parks a couple times a year and wonder how long the fridge would last before running out of battery. We usually go for a week. It seems like the residential fridges are becoming the norm.