Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2013 Discovery Questions

We bring her home on the 18th!

Thoughts on my questions welcome!

Our 13 40e came equipped with roof sat antenna. So where we are lots of trees, anybody know if a secondary hook up is possible for remote antenna? Salesman said can use the park cable connection, but that is not true.

In the large closet in the rear bathroom, has anyone made adjustable shelving for towels etc?

I saw on a Newmar, the co pilots seat had a flip up table for reading and laptop use which attached to the magazine rack on the wall. Was thinking of ordering from Newmar and retrofitting?

Lastly, basement storage has anyone used hooks for storing the ladder, fishing rods etc? Darn thing takes up a lot of space-I don't do roofs!
Thx
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations on your new coach!

I have a write up on a way to store a ladder and sewer hose, would work great for fishing poles too!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/feb-...ml#post1573769

As for the tray that Newmar has, I really was excited until I sat down and tried to use it. My size 40 waist is too large. Felt like I was in a 3rd grade desk!
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Excellent for the hose! Thanks! What about the lower portion of the ladder that attaches to the upper from the factory? Would you happen to have part numbers for the desk and a pic of how it attach? I know what you mean about 3rd grade desk, but co-pilot doesn't have to worry (yes dear)
Thx/B
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The ladder that attaches is a bugger to store. I would leave it at home or with friends and get one of the folding ladders like I have. You could then transfer from the folding ladder to the coach ladder. The hardware is part number 122308 and should fit your flex steel seats. You have to build your own wood top.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
Our 13 40e came equipped with roof sat antenna. So where we are lots of trees, anybody know if a secondary hook up is possible for remote antenna? Salesman said can use the park cable connection, but that is not true.
Sure you can use the park cable connection. A simple A/B switch needs added before the Over the Air/Park Cable switcher/power supply for your TV antenna and another short cable connecting that A/B switch to another A/B switch between your roof satellite coax and the new A/B switch. 15 minutes labor, $20.00 in parts. Push both buttons to "A" and you're on the roof satellite. Push both buttons to "B" and you're using your park cable connection and portable carry-out satellite. Push the Satellite switch to "A" and the Park cable switch to "B" and you can connect to the park cable just as before. This setup will not alter the Over The Air antenna setup in anyway and it will work as usual. Fleetwood's setup does not split the park cable connection physically and runs it direct to your AV center to be distributed from there.

For satellite setups using 2 coax cables running from the sat dish, 1 for front TVs and 1 for rear TV (second receiver), this setup will only provide signal to the front TVs - but your carry out will most likely only have 1 output anyhow, depending upon which model you purchase. But.. using some clever A/B switching, this can also be done
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #6

Here's how I solved the ladder problem. I leave the bottom (removable) part of the OEM rear ladder at home. In it's place I carry a regular 6' aluminum ladder. With it, I can use it to climb up on the roof...it gets me to the permanently mounted top half of the OEM ladder, and I use it to reach the windows/mirrors if necessary. I carry it on top of my 'stuff' in two of the adjoining basement compartments.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #7

This spring we got our 05 Discovery and had satellite in it. I have a King Dome on top and the original crank up factory satellite dish. We parked for a few weeks right under a tree. I picked up a dish on a tripod and set it up out from under the tree. I used the park connection to send it to the receiver. My A/B switch went bad and had to just switch cables on the receiver. I need to pick up another A/B switch for that.