Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #1

2013 Excursion 33A repair list

We have just completed a 4,000 mile trip in our excursion we have had for a year. For the most part the coach was very enjoyable, seemed to travel down the road well and no major breakdowns. We do have a short list of bugs that need fixing. If anyone has addressed these before you may save me some aggravation. First is a incoming power problem . We would lose shore power every other day for anywhere between an hour to several hours then would restart and work fine. Generator never a problem. Suspect it is the transfer switch that is overly sensitive to high voltage it reads. My monitor shows 5-6 more volts than i read at the pedestal. Hard to track down intermittent problems. Help on this appreciated. Second problem is the freshwater valve on the water connection started allowing water to go into the tank even when valve is set on the bypass setting. Probably need to replace the valve. Anyone done this yet? Other issue is the water pump cycling periodically, with no leak found. Anyone else address this problem yet? Last issue that will take some thinking is the tank level monitors not working. The black water always reads empty and now the fresh water always reads full. Gray water seems to work fine. Not too bad a list for 5m months usage. Had sailboats before so know stuff breaks. Anyone dealt with these specific problems feel free to chime in. Thanks
eddiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2017, 12:03 AM   #2

EddieL, I have a 2015 Excursion 35B. I can't help you with your incoming power issue other than, could it be incoming voltage is too low and your transfer switch is shutting off to protect your components? Might try contacting the transfer switch manufacturer. I've had my fresh water fill my water tank, as well. Since I also had a problem with the water pump pulsing when using shower with the onboard water supply (DW didn't care for that), I got a replacement water pump from Camping world during a sale. Its now installed, but haven't had a chance to try it out, yet. I'm hoping the check valve in the pump is the cause for the tank filling. If not, then I'll have to replace the by-pass valve. From what I can tell, the by-pass valve is basically a quarter turn bathroom sink valve (Fleetwood sent me the part number for a replacement through them, but will make sure I can't get one from a home improvement store before ordering from them). Since your pump is cycling, I'm wondering if maybe the check valve in your pump is allowing the pressure to bleed off (as well as fill the tank). My tank indicators are wacky, too. Mostly, the gray tank, when empty, it still shows a third full. While changing the water pump, I did notice the indicators on the black and gray tanks. They are behind the panels in the wet bay. At least on mine, removing the section where the water pump switch, cable TV and 110 Volt outlet is located, you can get to the water pump and the tank indicators on the black tank. I believe the indicators are just mounted to the outside of the tank, maybe some of yours have come loose. I haven't located the tank indicators on the fresh water tank (haven't looked). Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #3

Thanks for reply. I will replace water pump also. I think i will wait before replacing the valve as the valve looks hard to get to to replace. I think the problem with power is from my transfer switch reading a higher voltage than is actually coming in, therefore causing it to shut down. Hopefully a way to recalibrate rather than replace.
eddiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try a mobile mechanic to help. Nearly RV park might have list.

Tags
repair, air