Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #1

2013 Fleetwood Storm Mods and Upgrades

I thought I would share some of my projects of the last 8 weeks working on the new coach. Thanks to many ideas I got from this blog.

Bug screen behind the front grill that is wide open to bug, birds, rocks and any UFO's.

DIY rear trac bar, glad that is done. Remember it's 110 in AZ and all these projects were done in July and August.

These are the only two I have photos of. I also added a Roadmaster front Reflex Stabilizer. Many small things, looking forward to our first loaded trip. The DW loaded for Armageddon, in case something happens we have enough stuff for a long stay, and then some . Put more air in tires planning for extra load.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great projects!

How does the coach handle with the add of the track bar?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Great projects!

How does the coach handle with the add of the track bar?
Much better, the tail wag on uneven roads is much improved. The rear track bar was worth the time. It truly was a project from scratch, starting with mild steel plate. I used cardboard templates and then cut the plates and drilled holes, welded the plates together to get to 1/2" thick which is over kill but it's what I had.

Will post more pics of smaller projects.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Great looking mods. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
More Information

What type of material did you use? How was it attached to the grill? Does it interfere with opening the grill to access the engine?

This looks like something that I would like to try!
kf4kxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4kxg View Post
What type of material did you use? How was it attached to the grill? Does it interfere with opening the grill to access the engine?

This looks like something that I would like to try!

Lowes has a diamond type mesh. I used a chrome spray paint as a coating to make sure the metal is sealed. It's a several day project as each piece takes time to custom fit. I marked each piece, then used tape as a guide and cut with an angle grinder. There is no way to attach with mechanical fasteners so I used gorilla glue to hold in place. It's not going anywhere, it's a good bond. We've put several thousand miles and caught plenty of large bugs and road debris and feel the grill has saved many dents in the radiator cooling fins. It's doesn't effect the opening, or engine access at all. I've seen several other class A's with stock grills that look similar.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to andrewsilver Send a message via MSN to andrewsilver Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsilver Send a message via Skype™ to andrewsilver
Great mods, thx for sharing. I have a 2012 Fleetwood Storm 32BH. I added the Blue Ox rear track bar, CHF, 5 star tune (with Tow-Haul button converted to overdrive-off), Kelderman front airbag suspension and my favorite mod Blue Ox Trucenter. I also added an outdoor TV mount so I can hang a TV next to the outdoor entertainment center. Got a lot of ideas from Paul Holstein - he's done some great additions/mods to his Storm 32BH.
andrewsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:46 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You guys are just getting started, you've got 201 more mods to catch up to me on my '11, bought 7 months ago. .
Old 02-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
You guys are just getting started, you've got 201 more mods to catch up to me on my '11, bought 7 months ago. .

Share some! I'd enjoy seeing some of your upgrades. I was hoping we could keep the Storm upgrades thread going by showing what others have done to their Fleetwood.

Tags
fleetwood