Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2021, 12:37 PM   #1

2014 Bounder 35k. Side door latch broken. Thoughts

The 2nd side door in the passenger side wouldn’t open . Had to open 3rd door and use flat head screwdriver to push latch in.
This part just popped out after we opened the door. Hard plastic, snapped.
Door assembly held in place by 2 rivets. Is this what you have to take off to put new assembly in OR can you do it from the door latch side?
See pics
Thanks for comments in advance...
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3444.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	325962
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3445.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	325963
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #2

RB Machining has unbreakable replacement latches. The more you buy, the lower the cost each. I bought one to check to be sure that they worked. Bought 12 more, as they fail, I replace it.
I think their phone # is 661-269-3233. If you have a Family RVing magazine, there is usually an ad in the back, so you can go to their web site. The have a latch and two self drill screws in each package.

Looking at your picture, you will need to drill out the rivets to remove old latch. Use as small a drill bit as possible. The screws they send are a little oversize to fit the old hole.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:46 AM   #3

Yes I just replace one on our 2016 Pace Arrow 2 weeks ago . Have to drill out the top of the rivet head and it comes out with the little arm. Purchased mine from Amazon. This I what I had to get for ours . Just make sure it's the right style. Take it out and compare it to photos. There is two different one offered on Amazon. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210423-084237.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	326011
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #4

Hmmm I’ll check out the latches

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
Yes I just replace one on our 2016 Pace Arrow 2 weeks ago . Have to drill out the top of the rivet head and it comes out with the little arm. Purchased mine from Amazon. This I what I had to get for ours . Just make sure it's the right style. Take it out and compare it to photos. There is two different one offered on Amazon. Attachment 326011
Looks a little more complicated then the one on my bounder door. I’ll check out prior persons advice also.
Gives direction....thanks
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, door