Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #1

2014 Bounder 35K, Unloaded, PSI?

I need to take my new Bounder 35K back to the dealer in a couple days for some warranty work. The Bounder is just as it is when it came from the dealer and nothing has been loaded. In this state I was wondering what the PSI in the front and rear tires should be before I hit the road. With all the cold weather we've been having I'm sure the PSI has dropped since we brought her home.

Thanks in advance
Bruadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
75 in front and 80 in rear will be good for a short trip .I had 80 in front and 90 in rear fully loaded.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #3

Thank you Cliff
Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your welcome. It's a better idea to get it weighed preferably loaded by each of the four corners or at least by each axle when you can and then adjust to tire table. Personally , I add 5lbs for good measure .

Old 01-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruadair View Post
I need to take my new Bounder 35K back to the dealer in a couple days for some warranty work. The Bounder is just as it is when it came from the dealer and nothing has been loaded. In this state I was wondering what the PSI in the front and rear tires should be before I hit the road. With all the cold weather we've been having I'm sure the PSI has dropped since we brought her home.

Thanks in advance
Oh, the 35K is my dreamliner! Congratulations guys!!

I run 90 up front and 80 in the back of my 32' Fleetwood.

That includes a 5psi safety zone.... I cant imagine your coach running any less? I would be ok with 85 up front, but I run 90 because the PO put LR H tires on instead of LR F as they should have been.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #6

We have a certified scale here on the ranch but with the way it's set up I'll only be able to weigh an axle, not individual corners. Hopefully tomorrow I get each axle on the scale, the front wont be any problem but with repairs to the corral going on I may not be able to drive through to get the rear axle on. I'll try the 75/80 and after we're loaded I'll weigh the axles again.

We sold our sailboat a few months back including all our personal stuff, would have been way to expensive to fly everything back from Panama. So we're starting from scratch with linens, tools, dishes and so on. Getting to be pretty expensive. We'll load it into the new coach when it gets back from the dealer, then hopefully we can hit the road.

thanks again for the advice.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #7

I had a chance to put my Bounder on the Fairbanks scale today, I can only do axles as there is not enough room to maneuver to do the four corners. With the fuel and propane tanks full and all remaining tanks empty, and with absolutely no personal gear or people aboard the front axle weighed in at 6375 and the rear axle at 12650 for a total of 19025 pounds. I'm assuming that means I have up to 2975 pounds that I can add before reaching my 22000 gross weight. Anyway, thought I would share.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You do have 2975 more cargo allowance but it still has to be within axle ratings. Your rear is 14,500 and front is 7,500. The total of 22,000 can only be split as above. This shouldn't create a problem. I was loaded for bear when I traveled and almost maxed out the rear but had 800 left up front.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #9

We have loaded up our Bounder in the past few days, this morning I put her on our scales for a final check. The front axle weighed in at 7300 pounds. According to Michelin's chart for these tires the front tires with 3650 pounds each should be inflated to 75, I have them at 82.

The rear axle weighed in at 13685 and using Michelin's chart each set of dual tires with 6845 pounds should be inflated to 78 psi, and these rear tires I have inflated to 84 psi.

Any issues with my calculations? or do people normally run a little higher than the chart given by the tire manufacturer?
Old 03-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to chili's trip
A tag inside the coach will show the proper pressure for carrying the max gvwr.

Good luck.
Jack H
Old 03-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #11

The tag states 90psi on both front and rear axles at maximum weight, that's higher than what is listed on Michelin's chart for these tires, but I think I'll follow the sticker and increase the psi tomorrow to 90.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:52 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think your calculations were correct and that the inflation you have is correct. If you raise it to 90 , you'll experience a rougher ride and be somewhat overinflated. Michelin knows what they're doing and produce those charts for a reason. FW doesn't know how you'll load your coach but puts a 90 lb psi as the maximum if fully maxed out.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I think your calculations were correct and that the inflation you have is correct. If you raise it to 90 , you'll experience a rougher ride and be somewhat overinflated. Michelin knows what they're doing and produce those charts for a reason. FW doesn't know how you'll load your coach but puts a 90 lb psi as the maximum if fully maxed out.
X2

Bruadair, you are in good shape, you have allowed for an overrage I'd leave them right where you have them.

Do you have a tire pressure monitoring system? Don't leave home without it. I read enough when I bought mine to scare the you know what out of me without a tpms....and even if you aren't worried about them, its so nice to glance at your tire pressures and temperatures and know what's going on with them.....

Keep us posted and take pics !!!

Tags
bounder