RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2014 Bounder 35k - what's it worth?

Been thinking about the upcoming years when I finally pull the pin and we do 6months on the road at a time.

The 2014 Bounder 35k we have now is the perfect rig for our current style of traveling. More run and gun, stay for 3-5days max and move, only out for 2-3 weeks at a time. That style of RV'ing doesn't require mid trip laundry, or more facilities than the Bounder offers.

I'm thinking for longer road trips, laundry, little bigger space to haul stuff and a king size bed is up there on the 'should have' side of the ledger.

Agree or disagree?

But, more to the point, what is the 2014 worth, what's the best way to sell it and get the maximum value out of it.

I've done all the maintenance, new tires, new everything that needed replacing. Everything works perfectly.

It only has 37,000 miles on it, probably will run for 6x that.

Ron

rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I have checked the listing price of similar rigs on RVTrader for everything I have sold. I think it gives a more accurate representation than NADA value.

https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #3

Pplmotorhomes has sold prices. 2015 Bounders have sold in the 80’s so figure 70’s for 2014 in comparable condition
Old 07-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool...I'lll check those sites out. Thanks for the heads up.

ron
Old 07-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #5

Good luck. Since you like your current RV, when you get a new one I may suggest a Southwind 36p. A lot like yours except 4 slides, washer/dryer/ two entrances to the bathroom, residential fridge, etc. We went through the same thing going from weekenders to 6 months a year. Was an excellent choice for us, can still camp in most state parks, handles o.k. on two lane roads, but has the space and luxury near what the big rigs have for a lot less money.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:46 PM   #6

Am curious too. My 2016 35K with lithium and solar should be finally moved out of, cleaned and going up for sale.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:21 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ron-

I was curious, so I pulled this off RVtrader for the 2014 Bounder 35Ks listed today:

$ 85,000
$ 79,900
$ 79,500
$ 78,999
$ 78,900
$ 73,900
$ 69,900

Average: Approx $78,000

These are asking prices, not sales prices. You can estimate sales price by subtracting five percent from the mean, to get $74,100. This is in line with "Ajayabb's" estimate.

By the number of units for sale now, Bounders are a popular model. The "competition" with other sellers should reduce asking and sales prices somewhat. On the other hand, it appears as if a bunch of folks are looking for first motorhomes, so that works the opposite way on pricing. I'd track the RVtrader, RVT, etc., data for a few months, with an eye towards how long it is between first listing and when a unit shows as "sold," sale pending" or disappears from the Web site.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #8

Have you considered just adding a washer/dryer to your 35k?

I added one and really like it and saved a ton by staying away from camping stores and getting it at Home Depot.

Here is a video of how to add to your 35k incase you decide to.
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hmmm...installing the washer/dryer combo could save me a couple hundred thousand dollars since I wouldn't have to update to the top of the line Discovery my wife picked out over the weekend.

I love my Bounder, it has everything we needed over the years, other than the washer/dryer and king sized bed (dog has to sleep with us), I don't think I will find as much value in a rig as we did with the Bounder.

Ron
Old 07-06-2020, 07:29 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is actually good to see. I think I did this exercise a year or so ago, got similar numbers. So, this thing is now holding its value.

Ron
Old 07-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #11

I agree with adding the washer/dryer combo. we have one in our 2012 35K and it works great. We travel 6-8 months at a time. Have 50,000 + miles.

Lot cheaper than buying new unit.
mst0neham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
Hmmm...installing the washer/dryer combo could save me a couple hundred thousand dollars since I wouldn't have to update to the top of the line Discovery my wife picked out over the weekend.

I love my Bounder, it has everything we needed over the years, other than the washer/dryer and king sized bed (dog has to sleep with us), I don't think I will find as much value in a rig as we did with the Bounder.

Ron
Really like the Magic Chef model. I thought being ventless would mean it would take forever to dry, but we found it does a good job pretty fast. We normally do the quick wash cycle and then dry for about 20 min. This gets things dry enough to hang for awhile... really cuts down on the wrinkles.

No matter which model you choose, open it up to see if you need to fix the kinked line (see video). That might be why so many complain about the poor drying.
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #13

I drilled the 4 inch hole in my 2013 35k. Not too big of a deal, and ALL of my plumbing, including the trap, was behind the wall - even though mine was NOT ordered with prep. Go figure. Anyway, got a like new Splendide 2100 off Facebook marketplace for 500, and laundry is going as I type.

agpopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder