Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to vandog
Brian , this is very confusing but I am working through it. I am in Santa Fe for a month so I will have plenty of time to get this straightened out. When you say satellite receiver is that the same as the direct TV box? I had a direct TV guy look at the system and he put a SWM box in which I probably don't need....he just wanted to hit me up for more money.
vandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Jay,

I can't figure out why Direct TV would have to install any box. The system I use up here (Bell TV) is the same as your Dish Network in the USA.

For satellite, your roof dish should already be set for Direct TV
Plug in the Direct TV box to the front satellite coax
Power up satellite dish
Select HDMI 1 or 2 (usually 2) and start the Direct TV setup, then you should be good to go.
For the Direct TV box in the bedroom if it doesn't have 2 HDMI ports, then use the HDMI port to plug into the extender for the outside TV and use Red-White-Yellow component for the bedroom TV, set the bedroom TV to the proper input and it should be GTG. Outside TV set to HDMI 1 or 2 and it will be GTG off the bedroom Direct TV box
For RV cable, just plug into the park system and switch the TV inputs to Cable and again you should then scan for channels and TV should appear. When using the RV park cable, make sure the antenna is off at both the switch in the upper driver compartment and the switch at the antenna itself. Change TV inputs to antenna and whatever signals are available off air will work.
I think that box is what is causing you the grief.... cause I can swap back and forth with no issues (once I figured out connections and some box setup help from Bell)

Maybe post is "Direct TV SWM" needed on a 40e on the TV/Web forum which is listed in the forums menu.

I'm stumped...

Looking up some trip options for you this week. Heard from the kid, he is newbie so he gets night watch as the 2 Fisheries enforcement guys wanted the more experianced deckhands with them during enforcement actions. Can't blame them, if something went sideways you don't need in-experianced unarmed deckhand in the way. Might change next week with new enforcement guys comming on. He says all feedback so far is "constructive" (I take that to mean he ain't getting yelled at).

See, up here our Coast Guard (not being part of the military) isn't armed YET..so when on enforcement missions they carry RCMP or Fisheries Officers with them. But that will change in the next couple of years, beginning with our new Icebreaker patrol ships coming on line to keep an eye on what Putin and his cronies are up to. Gov't is already tasking our F18's for daily patrols right up to the Russian border. Our PM gets pretty testy when the non-polar type bears start sniffing to close to the Artic.

B.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to vandog
Thanks Brian for the additional info.....did you mention in a previous thread that you have the cable and wiring diagrams on the cable and TV system? This SWM box gets so hot it is almost to hot too touch. I am Considering taking it all apart and rehooking everything up without this SWM box.
vandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Diagrams sent
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-07-2015, 05:07 AM   #19

Sattelite for discovery 40 e

I have a new 2014 Discovery 40e. I have a portable dish I bought a couple of years ago. Can I setup my dish and back feed the signal from the tv out coax from the receiver into the park/ant input in the basement and get a signal to all tv's?
Rocket Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #20

Lot's of good info here. One more suggestion that may help. I sent a request to Fleetwood tech support for the tv documentation and they sent me wiring diagrams for all of the electrical systems in the coach (video\12 volt\110 volt\etc). Very good customer customer support in that regard.
PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't believe you can run satellite via the park cable connection due to the splitters and off air antenna circuit
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
I don't believe you can run satellite via the park cable connection due to the splitters and off air antenna circuit
Actually you can. I put a diplexer at the park cable connection. In my rig there is an OTA antenna booster in the Ecabinet at the front. The park cable passes thru that before going to a 4 way splitter so I disconnected the park cable from the booster and put another diplexer on the end of the coax. I connected the booster to the vhf\uhf (TV) output of the diplexer and the satellite receiver to the sat output. Actually the sat output goes to an A\B switch that I have wired with one input to the roof sat dish and the other to the park cable coax via the diplexer. Using the diplexers let's me run both the park cable and an external sat antenna over one cable. Works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Aspen-50...words=diplexer
Old 02-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #23

Thanks, but just one question. What is a diplexer? Is that just an ab switch?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #24

Sorry. I just just hit the link. I now know what a diplexer is. Thanks again.

Tags
satellite