Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #43

sooo...
I cut 7" off the tail pipe and tucked the tip up higher

looks cool to me and doesn't hit the trailer when I make tight turns
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buffed excursion 001.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	86756   Click image for larger version

Name:	tail pipe excursion 001.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	86757  

Name:	tail pipe excursion 002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	86758  
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
you seem like a polite nice guy, so heres some pointers...

Thanks for the pointers. I had an 80 something Fleetwood Pace Arrow for about 3 years a long time ago. Talk about a handful to drive. I'm still getting used to the Excursion. I took it for a little ride just to get some practice in yesterday. As I'm driving around 65 in a 70, I realize the car in front of me is doing 35 MPH! Just as I notice this, a big box truck tucks in behind me and can't see whats in front of us, so I could not brake as hard or fast as I'd like without him rear ending me. I checked up on the brakes for a second to let the guy behind me see the brake lights. Then I lean on the horn. Man, I wonder if that air horn is half as loud outside the coach as it is inside? When I finally get to pass this car I see what looks like the lady from the old Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" commercials.

I've just installed a video camera that does loop recordings. Never know when you'll see something interesting. Its a pretty wide angle lens so maybe it doesn't look as dramatic as it seemed when it happened. But my heart was up in my throat on that one. http://youtu.be/T6BIMWO1zq4
jondrew55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Thanks for the pointers. I had an 80 something Fleetwood Pace Arrow for about 3 years a long time ago. Talk about a handful to drive. I'm still getting used to the Excursion. I took it for a little ride just to get some practice in yesterday. As I'm driving around 65 in a 70, I realize the car in front of me is doing 35 MPH! Just as I notice this, a big box truck tucks in behind me and can't see whats in front of us, so I could not brake as hard or fast as I'd like without him rear ending me. I checked up on the brakes for a second to let the guy behind me see the brake lights. Then I lean on the horn. Man, I wonder if that air horn is half as loud outside the coach as it is inside? When I finally get to pass this car I see what looks like the lady from the old Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" commercials.

I've just installed a video camera that does loop recordings. Never know when you'll see something interesting. Its a pretty wide angle lens so maybe it doesn't look as dramatic as it seemed when it happened. But my heart was up in my throat on that one. http://youtu.be/T6BIMWO1zq4
thanks for the post
Old 02-23-2015, 05:40 AM   #46

what happened with your gen? I took mine in for a 250 dollar service and it doesn't smoke anymore... maybe its the break in oil??

http://youtu.be/vN9AyKDW7Iw
Old 02-23-2015, 05:45 AM   #47

anybody have a squeaky dash.... heres what I found...

the plastic strip that conceals the aluminum trim that joins the dash to the plastic by the windshied.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	excursion dash 002.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	86803  
Old 02-23-2015, 05:53 AM   #48

the problem is the screws are too short!!

there is a 2 x 2 square tube that the screw are susposed to go into..
they are a 1/2'' short and do not screw into the beam... the pic shows the stock screw vs new longer screws,,,,

new screws need to be 1 1/4"

unbelievable how quiet and solid the dash is after this repair...

the screws just scratch along the surface and never make the pieces solid as intended...also it seals the gap and no more air leak

while in that area you will also find that the winshield a pillars have big air holes that should be sealed to stop cold/hot air from getting in
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	excursion dash 001.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	86805  
Old 02-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #49

Quote:
anybody have a squeaky dash.... heres what I found...

the plastic strip that conceals the aluminum trim that joins the dash to the plastic by the windshied.....
Yup, exactly the same in my unit. Do you have the overhead loft bed? Something is rubbing on mine over the drivers side lift pillar. I keep seeing a pile of sawdust on the dash. Either something is rubbing or mine came with termites
Old 02-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #50

Quote:
what happened with your gen? I took mine in for a 250 dollar service and it doesn't smoke anymore... maybe its the break in oil??

http://youtu.be/vN9AyKDW7Iw
Just talked to the shop supervisor. He saw the video and agreed there's a problem. It should not be smoking like that . I'm going to run the generator under load for 4 hours and see if it clears up. If not, time to bring it back.

Could be the rings arnt seated, possible the oil was overfilled when they services it at the dealer.

I'll update the results on my "Blue Smoke" thread
Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #51

Quote:
Just talked to the shop supervisor. He saw the video and agreed there's a problem. It should not be smoking like that . I'm going to run the generator under load for 4 hours and see if it clears up. If not, time to bring it back.

Could be the rings arnt seated, possible the oil was overfilled when they services it at the dealer.

I'll update the results on my "Blue Smoke" thread
did you have it serviced??? mine quit smoking with the oil change /service
Old 02-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #52

It had 24 hours on it when I got it. Told them to do an oil change before I picked it up since it was a year old when I took possession.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #53

Quote:
It had 24 hours on it when I got it. Told them to do an oil change before I picked it up since it was a year old when I took possession.
did you put longer screws in the dash?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #54

Quote:
did you put longer screws in the dash?
I will now that I read your post.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #55

just got horrible news from freigtliner
Old 02-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #56