Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
anyway, that was just todays update,... lets see what tomorrow brings..
I hope it turns out better for you, man!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
I hope it turns out better for you, man!
did you look in the classifieds
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #73

Quote:
I took a look through them a couple of days ago. Maybe I should take a look now, almost afraid to now since you asked....OK, here goes. This might not be good.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #74

Quote:
Whew...thought that I might just see your brand new Excursion for sale. I didn't see anything unusual so I must be missing something!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #75

Quote:
OK..spotted them now. So let me see if I have this correct. You have a set of 19.5" that have never been mounted. And you have a set of 22.5" with Hankook's on them. Did I get that right?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:21 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
OK..spotted them now. So let me see if I have this correct. You have a set of 19.5" that have never been mounted. And you have a set of 22.5" with Hankook's on them. Did I get that right?
yep,... probley be buy'n a new motorhome... wife stil like the diesel best ...

I'd like to buy a gas so I can use my wheels

still hav'n decided to sell the 22.5s... gonna keep them just incase..
Old 02-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #77

Quote:
according to freight liner , the chassis was built to be 26k gcvwr
ok alarm off,... freightliner miss informed me as to the gcvw

it is 30,000
Old 02-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #78

Quote:
ok alarm off,... freightliner miss informed me as to the gcvw

it is 30,000
Yea, here's my placard from the 35C. Clearly says 30k. That would have been a giant goof on Fleetwoods part

Old 02-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Yea, here's my placard from the 35C. Clearly says 30k. That would have been a giant good on Fleetwoods part

freightliner does not get involved with gcvwr.... that was the miss understanding.... I think... were still talking..
Old 02-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #80

Quote:
yep,... probley be buy'n a new motorhome... wife stil like the diesel best ...

I'd like to buy a gas so I can use my wheels

still hav'n decided to sell the 22.5s... gonna keep them just incase..
Want to trade!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #81

Quote:
freightliner does not get involved with gcvwr.... that was the miss understanding.... I think... were still talking..
I believe you will ultimately learn that is incorrect. In fact, the chassis OEMs have to specify both the GVWR and the GCWR because the brakes, suspension, and powertrain components are factors that determine each of the ratings. I'm surprised to NOT see the label provided by FCCC pictured. Normally both ratings are part of the chassis specs provided to the coach builders so they know how much house they can build on top and how much towing capacity they can list in their marketing efforts.

One other observation: as someone who used to be "rep" with a chassis builder, I find it very unusual for a supplier (FCCC) to be pointing their finger at a customer (ASV). Normally, when such a dispute arises, the "problem" is resolved behind closed doors, and never discussed in public.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I believe you will ultimately learn that is incorrect. In fact, the chassis OEMs have to specify both the GVWR and the GCWR because the brakes, suspension, and powertrain components are factors that determine each of the ratings. I'm surprised to NOT see the label provided by FCCC pictured. Normally both ratings are part of the chassis specs provided to the coach builders so they know how much house they can build on top and how much towing capacity they can list in their marketing efforts.

One other observation: as someone who used to be "rep" with a chassis builder, I find it very unusual for a supplier (FCCC) to be pointing their finger at a customer (ASV). Normally, when such a dispute arises, the "problem" is resolved behind closed doors, and never discussed in public.
Ed--we have a Ford chassis and not a Freightliner, but our "Incomplete Vehicle Manufacture" sticker from Ford does not include the GCWR. It only has the front/rear/combined GVWR. The Federal Certification tag includes all those plus the GCWR and the max towed weight.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post

Once you mentioned the above, I thought that I would do a little more research into this subject. This is what I found for the F-53 chassis. The GCWR is not listed anywhere on either the Winnebago tag or Ford tag that is placed on the driver's side wall of the MH.

However, it is listed (and the GVWR) in the Ford Body Builders Layout Book, Ford's Chassis Specification "esource" spec book and Ford's Class A Motorhome Spec book. So the bodybuilders (Winnebago, Fleetwood, etc.) would be limited by Ford as to what they could build on top of the chassis (by the specified GVWR and GAWR's) and the consumer is limited by Ford for both what they put in the MH (GVWR and GAWR's) and how much they can tow (GCWR).

I have no idea how other chassis manufacturers handle this except for what has been mentioned in this thread.

PS- You beat me to it Sarah-I'm a slow typist!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6282.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	87061   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6284.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	87062  

Old 02-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #84

well.... pretty much heard that my chassis is 30k gcwr.... in so many words....

what I'm still after is the fuel map...

Tags
towing, tow