Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #85

now for todays mods...

got the new bilstiens.....

the rears were wrong,,,

heres the right part numbers for a 2014 excursion...

front 24-234498

rear 24-234504
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #86

so after taking all the shock off
had to re install the rears....

never had such a horrible experience with a vendor....

returns.....lets just keep arguing about the wrong shock we sent you
only 4 hours on the phone....ended with ... we don't wanna sell you the right ones... 2 min later, got the right ones coming from their compeditor

anyways... if it's not broke don't.....

so, now the test ride.... first thing I noticed (just the fronts changed) the brake rise was pretty much gone..still there but a lot less..maybe with the rears it will be gone??
Old 02-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #87

so, the power upgrade.....aint gonna happen... Fleetwood , freightline, and Allison just closed that door...

but on a good note.... driving around to day... she seem to run fine.. stays with traffic ..
Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Once you mentioned the above, I thought that I would do a little more research into this subject. This is what I found for the F-53 chassis. The GCWR is not listed anywhere on either the Winnebago tag or Ford tag that is placed on the driver's side wall of the MH...............

I have no idea how other chassis manufacturers handle this except for what has been mentioned in this thread.......
Thank you and SarahW both. Your posts have got me re-thinking my claim about what is included in the incomplete vehicle sticker that should be pasted somewhere in every coach. I've been wrong before. Until I can get a picture of mine, I can't prove what Workhorse did about providing GCVW on the label, but it is definitely listed in their literature. Examples: W22 has 22K GVWR / 26K GCWR; W24 is 24K GVWR / 30K GCWR. Same size tires and motor for both chassis, but the other components have a higher rating on the W24, including much larger brakes.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Thank you and SarahW both. Your posts have got me re-thinking my claim about what is included in the incomplete vehicle sticker that should be pasted somewhere in every coach. I've been wrong before. Until I can get a picture of mine, I can't prove what Workhorse did about providing GCVW on the label, but it is definitely listed in their literature. Examples: W22 has 22K GVWR / 26K GCWR; W24 is 24K GVWR / 30K GCWR. Same size tires and motor for both chassis, but the other components have a higher rating on the W24, including much larger brakes.
Thanks goes to you for bringing the subject up and making me think about it a bit! Also, Sarah mentioned a Federal Certification tag and I'm going to have to look around inside my MH, because I don't remember ever seeing one of those. After four years on this current MH and having two others previous to this one, I find I'm still in a learning mode!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
now for todays mods...

got the new bilstiens.....

the rears were wrong,,,

heres the right part numbers for a 2014 excursion...

front 24-234498

rear 24-234504
I'm assuming you did not like the stock Sachs brand shocks that FCCC uses since you changed "new" shocks. Did you consider the Koni FSD before choosing Bilstien?

Also, THANKS for posting the right part numbers for Bilstien, but unless the shocks are specific to your particular coach model, it would be more helpful to other readers if you could clarify which chassis they fit. IOW, is this the FCCC "XC" or is it an "XCR" with a 26K GVWR.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #91
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Thanks goes to you for bringing the subject up and making me think about it a bit! Also, Sarah mentioned a Federal Certification tag and I'm going to have to look around inside my MH, because I don't remember ever seeing one of those. After four years on this current MH and having two others previous to this one, I find I'm still in a learning mode!
Our Federal Certification tag looks just like this yellow one that Jon posted... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2014...ml#post2440716
Old 02-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #92

Quote:
I'm assuming you did not like the stock Sachs brand shocks that FCCC uses since you changed "new" shocks. Did you consider the Koni FSD before choosing Bilstien?

Also, THANKS for posting the right part numbers for Bilstien, but unless the shocks are specific to your particular coach model, it would be more helpful to other readers if you could clarify which chassis they fit. IOW, is this the FCCC "XC" or is it an "XCR" with a 26K GVWR.
THE PART NUMBERS FIT A 2014 excursion, the same one the whole thread is about... but I would recommend any to find out the correct # for their motor home
Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #93

Quote:
THE PART NUMBERS FIT A 2014 excursion, the same one the whole thread is about... but I would recommend any to find out the correct # for their motor home
Sorry, I thought the shock supplier guys would need to know what model vehicle (chassis) the parts were for. I didn't know they can find shock part numbers by the model name of the house on top.

You really found them by asking for Bilstiens for an Excursion? I assumed those part numbers were for the specific GVWR chassis, which is why I was seeking clarification to which chassis you have. Surely that same FCCC chassis is under more products than just your specific coach brand and model.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #94

Quote:
Sorry, I thought the shock supplier guys would need to know what model vehicle (chassis) the parts were for. I didn't know they can find shock part numbers by the model name of the house on top.

You really found them by asking for Bilstiens for an Excursion? I assumed those part numbers were for the specific GVWR chassis, which is why I was seeking clarification to which chassis you have. Surely that same FCCC chassis is under more products than just your specific coach brand and model.
what excursion do you have...I would think that the years would be the same but you should double check with your supplier...when I ordered mine they had 2 different rear shock numbers... and yes .. they sent the wrong ones
Old 02-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #95

some positive likes on the new excursion...

first ..propane fridge..knowing I don't have to run the gen. every day...some times I go out the night before and turn it on then load it the next day...
next the center entry 30'' door... we really love that option..no wind noise and no sliding footboard

next is the side mirrors...so much easier for me to tow and park...

I'm a carpenter (union) and a shop owner (mechanic/fab/ muffler)
and find afew little fixes here and there ... put think the over all build is very good...
Old 02-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #96

Quote:
what excursion do you have...I would think that the years would be the same but you should double check with your supplier...when I ordered mine they had 2 different rear shock numbers... and yes .. they sent the wrong ones
I don't have an excursion (see signature). I was trying to make the point that I thought the shocks would have been ordered by the make/model/GVWR of the Chassis, and not by the model name of the coach, since many brands and models will likely use the same chassis.

Did you really buy the Bilstien shocks without having to provide the chassis-specific info?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #97

Quote:
I don't have an excursion (see signature). I was trying to make the point that I thought the shocks would have been ordered by the make/model/GVWR of the Chassis, and not by the model name of the coach, since many brands and models will likely use the same chassis.

Did you really buy the Bilstien shocks without having to provide the chassis-specific info?
I think they ask what gvw and chassis..

being specific... if you have a 2014 excursion... it's on a freightliner 26gvw chassis... that's all that's available..
Old 02-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #98

I have been following your post since the beginning and agree with you tire size swap. Forgive me if i missed it but..Have you done anything about re calibrating the computer to take the larger diameter tires into account? The larger tire will change the effective gear ratio and affect everything involved with that calculation, shift points, speedo ect..

Tags
towing, tow