Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

2014 Excursion looking for answers

I am starting this new thread with the intend of getting answers to numerous, mysterious issues, which I have yet to find a solution for. I will have my own questions, and I also will attempt to help other new Excursion owners to questions I might have an answer for.

Okay, here I go: I have two heat/AC intake/outlets in the same area up front - why?
Then, as an example, why am I able to select the heat pump in zone 1, but not in zone 2 (or visa/versa). I seem to get it only in one or the other.
The answer to this question should probably be answered by Fleetwood!?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #2

Horst, thank you for starting this Excursion thread. You have not posted the model of Excursion you own which is good information for us reading these posts. I am shopping for a DP and will buy a 2014 33D if I can find one at the right price. Thanks again.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a Excursion 35B. We only have a heat pump in zone 2. Zone 1 is only a/c unit. Zone 2 is for the bath and bed room heating and cooling. This works well for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst SE MI View Post
I am starting this new thread with the intend of getting answers to numerous, mysterious issues, which I have yet to find a solution for. I will have my own questions, and I also will attempt to help other new Excursion owners to questions I might have an answer for.

Okay, here I go: I have two heat/AC intake/outlets in the same area up front - why?
Then, as an example, why am I able to select the heat pump in zone 1, but not in zone 2 (or visa/versa). I seem to get it only in one or the other.
The answer to this question should probably be answered by Fleetwood!?
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #4

We have 35C since 9/15/13. One BIG mistake we made in ordering the coach: We ordered the washer/dryer, which is mounted beside the bed on the driver's side. Because of that, the river's side of the bed has no night stand - very poor. It would have been much more important to my wife than having a washer/dryer combo, when most of the time we will be washing clothes in some campground anyhow. When ordering the washer/dryer I should have asked: "Where are you going to put it, what space are we going to lose?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #5

CCupton, how did you find out about this? """"We have a Excursion 35B. We only have a heat pump in zone 2. Zone 1 is only a/c unit. Zone 2 is for the bath and bed room heating and cooling. This works well for us.""""
Old 10-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Most Fleetwood units that have heat pumps, have one on the back unit, but not one or the middle or forward units.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Most Fleetwood units that have heat pumps, have one on the back unit, but not one or the middle or forward units.
Both of my units are heat pumps.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On my thermostat it only has a setting for heat pump in zone 2. Even the listing for our coach on Fleetwood website talks about heat pump on rear unit.

Quote:
CCupton, how did you find out about this? """"We have a Excursion 35B. We only have a heat pump in zone 2. Zone 1 is only a/c unit. Zone 2 is for the bath and bed room heating and cooling. This works well for us.""""
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #9

I have a 2013 Excursion 33a. Of the two ceiling units only one is the heat pump. Can't remember which one though because I don't use it that much. I prefer the propane furnace.

Horst -not sure if you have done this but if you are not far from Decatur Indiana I highly recommend a service visit to the Fleetwood Factory service center. I have been there a few times (it's easier to get scheduled there than my dealer). They have been great each time - fixed any issues I've had and answered a boatload of odds and ends questions I have. They make the unit so I feel I get the best source for the answer. I also have my Freightliner service done there too. Finally they have free overnight parking with electric. They come out in the morning and drive you and the coach into the service bay and get right to work.

I suggest as a new Excursion owner to go there. Private message me and I will send you the email of the Service coordinator I work with -he's awesome and I just email him when I want to book an appt.
RVMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Then, as an example, why am I able to select the heat pump in zone 1, but not in zone 2 (or visa/versa). I seem to get it only in one or the other. The answer to this question should probably be answered by Fleetwood!?
From Page 5 of the 2014 Excursion Brochure, the standard features list says this:

- Dual Low-Profile A/C High Efficiency, Chill Grills & Bedroom Heat Pump

So, the heat pump is on the rear unit only. So, you can't "get it on one or the other", but only in the rear.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
From Page 5 of the 2014 Excursion Brochure, the standard features list says this:

- Dual Low-Profile A/C High Efficiency, Chill Grills & Bedroom Heat Pump

So, the heat pump is on the rear unit only. So, you can't "get it on one or the other", but only in the rear.

This correct, heat pump in the rear only.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #12

Both of my 15k btu a/c's are equipped with heat pumps. The basement is heated as long as you run your furnaces when the temp really dips. There is a thermal wire running along the the waterline to the ice maker to keep the line from freezing. We were surprised that our 2005 Providence was so comfortable when the temps dipped into the low 20's for several days. No damage, no big deal even with the snow (3-4"). Sat dish needed to be brushed off, however.
Beware: TPO roof is really slippery with the white stuff on it. Plumbing bay was left closed up and water hose left inside the bay for the several days, and used when needed
to fill the tank. BTW, this is on a Spartan Chassis, if that makes a difference
Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Excursion 33D

We have test driven 4 Excursion 33D's and found them all to have really bad road noise and vibration has anyone else experienced this?
clafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clafro View Post
We have test driven 4 Excursion 33D's and found them all to have really bad road noise and vibration has anyone else experienced this?
This breaks my heart. We are thinking of upgrading to a DP and looked at a 33D at the local dealer. We did not drive it. We are talking about ordering one with the equipment we want. The unit we looked at was nice and it sold the next day. Ohhh, road noise and vibration on FOUR different units? I have tears in my eyes. I will sure be interested in reading what other's have to say. Four?? Hard to believe....thanks for your post.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote