Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #1

2014 Southwind driver side slid ..

I am having some concerns with my driver side slide when retractiing. It is a Southwind 34A

It sometime doesnt do anything for a few seconds ( up to about 10) then makes a loud poppin noise the slide comes in.

1- I have tried this with alot of the weight out of the storage compartments and it doesnt seem to make a difference whether I unload them or not. I try not to load up that side.

2- my bedroom slide works well and I feel that the the slide should work the same.

3- On the floor I can indentations from the rollers where the large side rests on the floor.

What I can mention is that the MH is level, the noise is starting to scare me a bit. What I did notice when I was checking under the slide topper is that the rubber gasket was hanging out and hanging about the top of the slide

Any help will be appreciated
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #2

2014 Southwind driver side slid ..

We had the same issue. We have a 2015 Southwind 34 A. We picked it up in February. After a couple trips the main slide hesitated then made a popping sound when operating (a pretty big pop). Never having a slide before we thought this was probably normal. And yes, we also have indents in the floor where the rollers rest, but those don't bother me.

The vertical wood trim popped off next, the whole piece just came off when driving down the road (by the bathroom door). We figured ok, it was probably a little too long and was getting hung up on the carpet. So we it and reinstalled it. All was ok for a bit but we still had that popping noise.

Well, on our last trip we figured out what the popping was. Still at the back end of the slide, the seal at the bottom of the slide by the rail came completely loose. It then tore through the aluminum frame and drug the aluminum THROUGH the floor tile. So we have a huge rip in our flooring, an ugly torn aluminum slide frame and a torn slide seal.

We have an appointment for November 5th for a warranty repair. So, if I were you I'd get yours in ASAP to be looked at. Looks like you're headed down same road were in.
Napabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #3

We have an appt for Oct 29th. Keeping my fingers crossed, we have an extended warranty. I dont think you will have a problem that it is under the original warranty

Please keep me posted on what they find

Thanks
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #4

I will, and please let me know what they say about yours.
Napabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
southwind, driver