Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #1

2015 Excursion 35B - Entry Door w/Screen Door

How do I set the screen door latch so the screen door stays attached to entry door when opened?

Thanks,

-Kevin
kfriceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Move the catch (not the handle) on the outer door frame out with washers or spacers.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
Move the catch (not the handle) on the outer door frame out with washers or spacers.
I was hoping there was a way to set the screen door latch in the open position to it does not engage the catch when not needed.

-Kevin
Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had that issue with my 2014 35B. The plastic piece that holds the screen door to the main door was worn. I replaced the part and now the screen door stays with the main door when opening and closing the main door. The screen door still operates alone when needed as the main door remains in the open position.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:12 AM   #5

2015 Excursion 35B - Entry Door w/Screen Door - Resolved

Figured it out, when the screen door is connected to the main door there is post that depresses the screen door latch button. This activates the latch mechanism into the open position thus allowing the screen not to engage the strike plate and remain connected to the main door upon opening.

Mine screen door latch is broken and not allowing the to two doors to work together. When I press the screen door latch button nothing happens thus every time when both doors are shut the screen door latch is engaging the strike plate when it should not.

Easy fix.

-Kevin
Old 04-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
The latch is pretty chincey,

It broke on our 33D early, it's a two screw replacement plastic piece, I did take the latch on the screen door so it didn't latch when closed, it seems to stick and why ours broke.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entry door, scr