Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 11:36 PM   #1

2015 Expedition sliding bed problems

The sliding bed on our 2015 Expedition 38K only works when it feels like it. Rarely when you want it to. Had the great guys from Fleetwood service look at it at the Fleetwood rally last week but they had never seen it. Problem is intermittent and there is no crank etc. If it doesn't work you are sleeping on the floor or couch.

I am guess my dealers service department has never had to fool with one either but I guess I am going to find out. I am looking for a work around and am sure I am not the first one to experience this issue.

If I have a choice between it not working and facing the wrath of my wife I am considering making up a jumper from power to the motor directly bypassing the control box and relays of an emergency basis. We all know this is going to happen again.

Any thoughts
kmx888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My brand new Discovery sliding bed quit working. Took the mattress off, lifted the 2 folding sections up and...
Greased the track, slides, oiled all the joints, taped up the electrical, and moved the wiring so it was not rubbing on anything. You've got bad/loose wiring. Look for obstructions, keep mattress away from headboard.
Many RV mechanics can't get out of a wet paper bag. Fix it yourself.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #3

Most electrical intermittent problems are a loose ground situation.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #4

I was amazed ( I don't know why I have owned several Class A's) at the wiring under the bed. I guess I had hoped that things had gotten better in the industry.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #5

Found the problem - Fleetwood does not know about their own system

After getting the unit back from the dealer with the bed "fixed" as soon as we got on the road it wasn't. In all fairness to them it was an intermittent problem which can be almost impossible to diagnose. I am getting too old to sleep on the floor so I thought I better take things into my own hands.

The system isn't all that complicated except that it does not match the wiring diagram sent by Fleetwood for this coach (but it is close enough to give you some places to look). I called Fleetwood for advice. Their advice was to take it to a dealer who of course is booked at least a week out. (We are traveling through Reno).

I found a mobile tech and had him come out (same day, but the guy owns his own business and knows how to work). He has not seen the system either but between us we got a handle on how it would work. The real problem is the rats nest of wires, bare wires, etc that are normal for the industry.

He called a Fleetwood tech at the factory and got this advice "We don't know anything about that tilting bed system. We haven't sold many and can't help you". If the fellow wasn't on the speaker phone and I had not heard it mayself I would not have believed it. I will say that at a Fleetwood Rally recently the terrific field service guys had never seen it before either and didn't understand it. Great company training.

Finally decided to check a hidden hall effect sensor (it is tucked up under the bed frame and tells the unit when the slide is fully out and it is safe to tilt the bed down. Wired around it and that was it. Fixed perfectly.

If you purchase or own and Expedition K model or any other Fleetwood with the tilt bed option that is a place to look. Got me off the floor and back in the good graces of my wife.