Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
From small to BIG, they had them all...

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I found one that had one of those flat tape-style LED light strips attached to the end of the awning. I thought that might be a neat upgrade for ours, but we've got that scalloped flap that hangs down & would cover this type of installation.

For those of us lamenting on the 2016 Bounder not having the bays that come out with the large slide, it appears they wanted some kind of pass through storage. However, as you can see, it's just a narrow shelf space above the std bay bins. Yes, it's more than I've got, but not exactly what I'd really call a "pass through" storage! Give me back the bays that come out with the slide.

Bay with pass through

Close up of pass through storage (aka "ledge") area. I'd say it's about 10" high.

That's all for tonight.

Lori-
Old 06-06-2015, 06:21 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2nd Rally

This is only our 2nd rally since purchasing out MH. For a 65th anniversary rally I am surprised their are so few exhibiters.
Fleetwood should have allowed a group to sell drinks and snacks throughout the day as it would have been nice.
The display of coaches is nice.
We ate at Angel's Bakery and then had I had a Strawberry Shortcake at
the other food truck that was on site in the evening.
Both food vendors stated that they will be on site again tonight (Saturday)
although the signs state only Sunday. They are both worth the cost.
The only other rally was the IRV2 rally in Myrtle Beach last Sept and while we
had a great time there what food we have gotten at the Fleetwood rally has
been far better than the catered meals we got there.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:30 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Love that Eagle emergency exit. I see Newmar has copied this innovation into their new 16's. Thanks again for the pics.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:05 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
We took our factory tour yesterday. Bad news, it was Saturday so no production in process. Good news, much quieter, no ear plugs or safety hats. It was informative and we enjoyed it.
Lunch yesterday was again superb. Roasted chicken quarters, pulled pork, mashed potatoes, bread, and apple cobbler. YUM!!
Last night we went into town to eat at dinner at the fund raising put on by the Masons. Again, a wonderful dinner..pulled pork, baked beans, slaw, drink, and then dessert across the street at the ice cream shop.
The new coaches have been fun to look at. I am surprised at the new windows....they louvre out, and only open a bit more than an inch. I am not a fan. Also I saw a lot of kitchens with the sink about six inches in from the edge of the counter. This is not a good design, and will be the cause of many backaches. I really like the drop down bed idea (in the cab area) in the class A Bounders. Much better than trying to make up a bed each night out of the dinette.
We have met some great folks,and have very much enjoyed ourselves. Lori, nice to have lunch with you and your husband!
Going to go get my shower so I can get to church. Have a great day, all!!!
Old 06-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yesterday was our "visit the vendors" day - the day we spend some money. There were about 15 vendors with everything from clothing to Trees to These.

We went to a seminar put on by Tom from JirahLED & ended up buying several LED's for more fixture upgrades to our coach. Tom was great & even came to change out the fluorescent bulbs. My upgrades can be seen in the Fleetwood Mods & Upgrades thread.

We had a plant tour this afternoon, but, unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures. Since it was Saturday, manufacturing wasn't going on so we got to pretty much go wherever we wanted, getting up close to all the coaches in the process of being put together. The plant is HUGE, over 3 football fields long. We walked about an mile & saw all the stages of coach manufacturing. It's really amazing how fast they can crank these coaches out. We even saw a new Diplomat & Dynasty in the production line.

Then we watched the driving school candidates maneuver new coaches through a series turns, backing & parking.

Today is cloudy & rainy. Thunderstorms are forecast for today into tonight & the weather radar on the TV is just a mass of green all over our area of Indiana. The parking lot we're in pretty much cleared out today - many people leaving ahead of the upcoming rain. Tonight we'll have a comedian for our last night of entertainment then we'll say goodbye to Decatur tomorrow AM.

Nice to see you again, 336muffin - you volunteers did a wonderful job. Great meeting fellow iRV2 members Penny (Penster) & Becky (BeckyD) - both with 35K Bounders!

Thanks for having us ARG, Fleetwood & the City of Decatur, IN!

Lori-
Old 06-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks for the reports and photos Lori
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Thanks for the reports and photos Lori

Felt like we were there

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
First there were 9, now just 3....

To circle back to the 1st photo I posted....WHERE'D EVERYBODY GO? This is our row, Sunday late afternoon. Most fled ahead of the rain.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010619.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	96507  
Old 06-07-2015, 06:51 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
336muffin was a good sport tonight with comic-magician James Sanden.

I don't know what it is about me & severe weather, I think I'm a magnet. Tonight we're under a severe storm watch until 1AM. Depending on what area we're parked, we've been given evacuation instructions to the nearest storm shelter. At the 2009 iRV2 Nat'l Rally in OH, we had a tornado come within a few miles of the CG & we had to evacuate to storm shelters. In 2012, we were attending the FMA Rally in Goshen, IN & the duratio came through toppling the 15ft tall FW arch & taking a few awnings off some coaches unlucky enough to have not retracted them in time. Maybe I need to quit going to these rallies in the middle of severe weather season in the midwest! Here's the clouds just south of our coach right now

Oh no, Toto!!!

If any iRV2 members are still here, be safe & pleasant travels home tomorrow.

Lori-
Old 06-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #39

This is really the first time I've had time to look at a screen! All of the volunteers have been busy well in advance before the Rally even got started. Speaking for the friends that shared the same color T shirts.........THANK YOU for attending the 2015 FMA Rally! Allied (Fleetwood) was again great to work with. The bonds between the volunteers and Fleetwood has grown very strong in the years past. Getting to know them in a professional manor to meeting their spouses and children! Belinda and I are blessed to be a small part of a extremely complex endeavor! Thank you for the chance to meet some new friends and strengthen some ties to some great people that I have met through the years! 336muffin!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here's someone else who couldn't post until today, since their plan for free wi-fi fell through & we don't have mobile wi-fi yet.

We took 'dry camping' to a different level - I couldn't get the coach ready until Wednesday, then found out a water line burst during the winter. Several gallon jugs of water stowed away later... Then I found out that the coach battery isn't holding a charge, so we spent the weekend using the Aux Start feature... Packing up Monday, the main slide didn't want to retract, so I had to help push it in manually (at least it wasn't raining then)... If anything could go wrong that trip, I think it tried to... All part of the adventure, thought, right?

Good things:
Good lunches both days (yes I like food)
Bus shuttle was good/nice drivers
Downtown Decatur was nice - great eagle sculpture
Meeting people (Hi Lori & Dave)
Ice cream food truck was nice (it was the only one I ever saw)
Golf cart rodeo was fun (we'll participate next year for sure - neither of us has ever driven a golf cart and Carol is legally blind so she doesn't drive...we both need to practice for the safety of the spectators...)

Disappointments:
Lack of Wi-Fi (hoped to find other iRV2 members at show on line)
Not many vendor displays for such a large show
No drink or snack vendors on site (or vending machines that I could find)
Some seminars resembled infomercials more than seminars

However, the more new coaches we saw, the more we like our 16 year old one...

All in all, though, Carol and I had a good time and definitely plan to be back.

Dave
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bet you'll remember the outing for some time to come.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #42

We were disapointed with the rally. Lack of vendors for one and they had everone spread out in too many camps. Where was Cummins, Freightliner,Alison, Power Gear and other venders who Fleetwood uses. All these venders could have put on seminars on the care and maintainance of their producs. Heard a lot of people po ed the factory tours being booked up by Thursday.

later

pointrow

Tags
fleetwood