Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2016 33C: Slide out stopping points keep resetting

Hi All,

Replaced my battery about a year ago. After replacing the battery, the stopping points on my living room slide out seemed to have been lost. I followed the instructions in the manual for setting the in-stop and out-stop, but after one or two times of using it, they reset again. Did the same thing and they continued to reset.

Usually when this happens, while the slide is going in or out, the slide will stop, and the red and green lights will flash really fast for 10 seconds and then go to the 1-red-blink-1-green-blink error code.

I'm able to extend and retract the slide-out using the emergency override by holding the reset button behind the panel, and then holding the motor1/motor2 buttons and pressing in or out. This tells me that the motors and voltage are fine, and assumingely the controller.

I'm sure someone is going to yell at me for using the emergency override to get my slide in and out for the last year. I know I should have fixed this sooner!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2020, 06:42 AM   #2

Sounds like a bad controller.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #3

Holy smokes, where were you two days ago when I needed you???

I just spent seven hours waiting for a mobile tech and $212 of my own money to get exactly this same thing fixed. My slide came in five inches and dead stopped, then the lights started flashing, etc.

My Lippert documentation was so generic, so I searched online and found the manual that described everything you just said, EXCEPT FOR THE PART ABOUT MOTOR 1 AND MOTOR 2! Because I didn't have that info, I had to wait for the tech to do what I could've done easily.

My coach is at REV Tech Center in Decatur starting tomorrow for a completely different slide issue (manufactured improperly in early 2020); I'll let them straighten this one out as well and then tell me what they found.

Good luck with yours. I'll let you know if I find out anything that might help you get yours to stay programmed.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan-Bull View Post
Hi All,

Replaced my battery about a year ago. After replacing the battery, the stopping points on my living room slide out seemed to have been lost. I followed the instructions in the manual for setting the in-stop and out-stop, but after one or two times of using it, they reset again. Did the same thing and they continued to reset.

Usually when this happens, while the slide is going in or out, the slide will stop, and the red and green lights will flash really fast for 10 seconds and then go to the 1-red-blink-1-green-blink error code.

I'm able to extend and retract the slide-out using the emergency override by holding the reset button behind the panel, and then holding the motor1/motor2 buttons and pressing in or out. This tells me that the motors and voltage are fine, and assumingely the controller.

I'm sure someone is going to yell at me for using the emergency override to get my slide in and out for the last year. I know I should have fixed this sooner!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Tks for sharing. We have 2016 Bounder 33C, & only had 1 fwd slide problem, aft end of slide was out 2” when fwd end was all the way in. 1 day old so dealer adj slide & no more problems.
Where are the red/green lights located & where is the emergency override sw & motor 1 motor 2 sw.
Tks.
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM travelers View Post
Tks for sharing. We have 2016 Bounder 33C, & only had 1 fwd slide problem, aft end of slide was out 2” when fwd end was all the way in. 1 day old so dealer adj slide & no more problems.
Where are the red/green lights located & where is the emergency override sw & motor 1 motor 2 sw.
Tks.
Below are two pictures. This is the style of controller I have in my 2020 Bounder. Hopefully, yours look like this. A and B on the left half of the first pic are the lights that will flash. It only takes two small Phillips screws to remove this controller. A on the right half is the "Set Stops/Clear Faults" button.

The second image shows both the top and bottom of the rear of the controller. On the top, you can clearly see the four motor buttons. These are what you need to hold while you are pressing IN or OUT on the front of the panel.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:33 AM   #6

Tks - those pics were vary helpful
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out