Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
2016 35K with severe rough ride causing terrible dash vibration in my dash. I keep ha

Does anyone have any suggestion or experiencing the same conditions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetterod View Post
Does anyone have any suggestion or experiencing the same conditions.
vetterod
Seems your tires might be over inflated?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
Check your upper front shock bolts to see if they are loose, don't just grab the shock and shake, put a wrench on it.
Mrfix
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Two things. Just reviewed weights for axles. Front axle is 7480# and rear is 14250#. I am running cold 89psi front and 90 psi rear. That is cold "75" degrees in morning. My Tpms shows tire pressure building to 103 to 106 in the heat while driving. I'm trying to make sense if the increase but it has been in the upper 90's every day while driving. Does this sound normal.

I just did a grab test on the shocks but need to wait until evening to put a wrench on the shock bolts. A little cooler then.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I had a similar issue with harsh ride and dash rattles I did the grab check on my front shocks and they felt tight and solid, 3000 miles later the rough ride was getting to me I grabbed an 18" ratchet and socket and gave the bolts a yank and ended up getting a full turn on both sides, from that time on my ride has been smooth and quiet, seems like a whole different coach. I d i d check the lower bolts and the rears and all were tight. I did however find my lower sway bar clamp bolts missing on the rear bar last fall, when I replaced them the improvement was noticeable.
Mrfix
Old 08-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
2016 35K with severe rough ride causing terrible dash vibration in my dash. I...

I already had to replace one sway bar axle bracket. The other side was just about ready to fall off. That was at 12000 miles I'll check all shock mounts too
Old 08-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I also had to replace my front tires due to an alignment issue when new, I installed new Toyo m154's up front which also helped smooth out the ride.
You would think all this would be taken care of prior to leaving the factory.
Mrfix
Old 08-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quality control on these Motorhomes seems to be missing in both the chassis and coach.

Tags
dash, vibration