Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
See where it says overflow see note 1? I bet they are using the same ball and spring vent. When the pressure in the tank overpowers the spring, it moves the ball allowing the tank to vent. I would see where they placed it on the side of the tank. Mine was a few inches down from the top and would not allow me to fill my tank all the way thereby decreasing my overall water capacity by almost 20 gallons. I posted above how fleetwood fixed the problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #30

The schematic I have show the vent located on the top of the tank next to the overflow but separate. The schematics do not show any check valves on the air vent just thru tank fittings and elbows. I would estimate the vertical run of the vent tube to be at least 18" that should keep the vent clear by itself
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
No need to take the cap off. There is a small vent in the same area to relieve the pressure.
HSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #32

Grumpy, 2016 Bounder 35K. Drivers side water-sewer compartment.
See the 3 way valve white in color. If you look closely on top it say,s normal. to the left center it should say tank and facing down will stay city. Hook up you hose to the water inlet and put that valve on tank. Tank should be filling up. Oncce tank is full put the valve back to normal. All set to go. If you use city water hookup, just leave the valve on city.

Hope this helps..
fishinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #33

bought a 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K Anniversary LX model. No-the manual does not show you everything! We are still trying to figure out how to clean out our water tank with some chemical but cannot find that out or how to do it. Our fleetwood dealer didn't seem to know the answer to that one!
flugday55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugday55 View Post
bought a 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K Anniversary LX model. No-the manual does not show you everything! We are still trying to figure out how to clean out our water tank with some chemical but cannot find that out or how to do it. Our fleetwood dealer didn't seem to know the answer to that one!
Most of the manuals across many manufacturers are poor for documentation. They are pretty generic across multiple models and even years. Usually you are better off to go to the specific item manual. In this case it would not help.
It sounds like you are trying to add bleach/chemical to your fresh water tank to sanitize it.
Only way to do this on the '16 ('17 has a gravity fill on the drivers side on certain models but not the '16) is to get yourself a hose and attached one end to the water input on the coach. Set the valve to fill the tank. Add the bleach/chemical to the hose while keeping the end up. Attach to water source and fill the tank.
I asked the same question and had to end up calling customer service. They confirmed the above process.

Tags
bounder