RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #1

2016 Bounder Awning

We are traveling in the Pacific Northwest. First wet day. Tried to put out the awning to create a dry area and only got clicks. Fired up the Bluetooth app on my iPhone and got the same result. I decided to do a rest on my Illumaplex System, which surprisingly did the trick.

Thought others might benefit at some point. Ours is the Carefree awning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hmmm - our 2016 35K doesn't have the newer Illumaplex that allows bluetooth control (at least I don't think it does).

I have had the entire set of control buttons throughout the RV stop working. The only thing that would let us operate the bedroom slide, lights, fans, etc. was the Illumaplex. That was an interesting experience.

The 12 month warranty covered replacing the Illumaplex to fix the problem.
https://www.nomadsumc.org/
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch763 View Post
Hmmm - our 2016 35K doesn't have the newer Illumaplex that allows bluetooth control (at least I don't think it does).

I have had the entire set of control buttons throughout the RV stop working. The only thing that would let us operate the bedroom slide, lights, fans, etc. was the Illumaplex. That was an interesting experience.

The 12 month warranty covered replacing the Illumaplex to fix the problem.
Yeah, Precision replaced our Illumaplex board under warranty, which meant we could add Bluetooth control due to newer firmware. I bought Bluetooth module and installed it myself. 10 minute job. Less tha $200 with shipping.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:34 PM   #4

Yeah, I had an issue once in the past 2 years. My guess it was static electricity as I noticed it around the time it happened.
On the Ilumiplex panel I noticed gibberish instead of English.
Simply activating the battery disconnect for the house batteries reset the Illumiplex. Alls good after that. Also, I am full time in mine and that was the only time I ever had to shut down the batts.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, bounder