Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #29

Dennis have a safe and pleasant drive. How far?
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:06 PM   #30

I feel very fortunate with our 2016 Southwind 34A, took ownership in December 2015. Our first trip was almost uneventful except for fixing a broken shower P-trap.
My only other request is new carpet around the cab, poor fit and finish around cab and dog house.
Other than that I'm a happy Fleetwood owner.
Thanks for the tips on the fresh water access port.
Very good topic.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:38 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Our Bounder is a 2012 and has been a joy to own for the past 4 years. I remember that we were concerned that the dump drain doesn't line up with the access hole, but once we installed a clear 45-degree "elbow", it works fine. We prefer having the clear section because it allows one to see when the black tank is running clear. Just a thought.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:09 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Dennis have a safe and pleasant drive. How far?
Whew that was a heck of a drive... 877 miles AL. Left at 3:30AM arrived 8PM. Was good weather all the way till the last 50 miles, blowing rain and terrible wind. Now I am in the gravel pit, not sure if this where I am suppose to be but I found a power pole and hooked up. That's all I need at this point. Bed is made and cable tv up and running. Will be at the door at 6:15 AM sharp LOL
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #33
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Our Bounder is a 2012 and has been a joy to own for the past 4 years. I remember that we were concerned that the dump drain doesn't line up with the access hole, but once we installed a clear 45-degree "elbow", it works fine. We prefer having the clear section because it allows one to see when the black tank is running clear. Just a thought.
I got so tired of reaching through the hole after putting the clear elbow in that I re aligned the hole and plumbed it to be able to hook the hose up outside like so many other RV units have and it works outstanding, it just makes things so much easier

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #34

New 2016 33C

Hi, great forum for newby's. We picked up ours 10 days ago and took it on a 3 day shake out and had a list of 9 items,mostly small things but here are a couple;
1. Shower stall leaks from all sides. I suspect they for got the bottom seals or did not caulk it.
2. The rear camera display goes into a flashing or pixelating mode while driving. It works fine for the left and right turn signal displays.
3. The nice new hide-a-slide navigators table does not stay in, every bump it pops out.
4. The sliding door tot he bedroom comes off it bottom rails every time we drive it, annoying rattle.
5. The water pump stays on all the time when switched on, and the water pressure is very low.
6. The led lights on the awning don't come on, but at other times they come on by them selves. I suspect user error, but the dealer service manager could not explain.

The dealer will have them all fixed this week as we head out on Sunday for Palm Desert.
psantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 AM   #35

Dennis
Can you see if the folks there will show you where the circuit breaker for the vacuflush system is? It's something good to know before it trips lol
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:53 AM   #36

Does anyone know where the XM radio antenna is mounted.? Reception is ok when driving along big open areas but horrible in valleys, leading me to believe that it is mounted down low and not on the roof.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:11 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajayabb View Post
Does anyone know where the XM radio antenna is mounted.? Reception is ok when driving along big open areas but horrible in valleys, leading me to believe that it is mounted down low and not on the roof.
The schematics show the XM radio antenna is mounted inside the roof just over the front marker lights.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
The schematics show the XM radio antenna is mounted inside the roof just over the front marker lights.
Thanks I am wondering if that location is affecting Line of Sight . Has anyone else noticed this problem ?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:01 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Dennis
Can you see if the folks there will show you where the circuit breaker for the vacuflush system is? It's something good to know before it trips lol
Dang it, I did not see this message in time AL. I will ask when I pick it up end of month.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajayabb View Post
Thanks I am wondering if that location is affecting Line of Sight . Has anyone else noticed this problem ?
This is one of the issues on my list at the factory for rework. I talked to the factory a lot before on this because my XM gets a constant antenna fault. Camping world told me there was not an antenna even in the coach. It is not outside at all and Fleetwood confirms this. it is ran behind the windshield covering inside on the drivers side and fastened up under the front cap somewhere. I was not going to take that trim off so left it for the factory to do and NO WAY I was going to let camping world do that work. Fleetwood did tell me they have had both placement problems with the antenna and also they have had some bad antenna from Sirius provided to them. We will see what the outcome is. I do not understand why they just don't mount it external beside the regular antenna on the roof corner. Seems it would be better reception and easy to check. they are made to stay outside on a car roof.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
This is one of the issues on my list at the factory for rework. I talked to the factory a lot before on this because my XM gets a constant antenna fault. Camping world told me there was not an antenna even in the coach. It is not outside at all and Fleetwood confirms this. it is ran behind the windshield covering inside on the drivers side and fastened up under the front cap somewhere. I was not going to take that trim off so left it for the factory to do and NO WAY I was going to let camping world do that work. Fleetwood did tell me they have had both placement problems with the antenna and also they have had some bad antenna from Sirius provided to them. We will see what the outcome is. I do not understand why they just don't mount it external beside the regular antenna on the roof corner. Seems it would be better reception and easy to check. they are made to stay outside on a car roof.
The radio unit and antenna must be one of the last things to get installed, so routing it under the cowl is simply easier. Unfortunately the reception stinks because of the terrible location.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #42

Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh no, here we go again!

Two weeks after Ford believed it had determined that a ground shortage was causing brake and Hydro-Boost pump hazard lights to illuminate on my 2016 Bounder 35K 30th edition, the issue resurfaced again on Friday (Feb 5). During four attempts (and three tows to the dealer) to fix which included replacing the ABS module and connecting 38-pin harness, all seemed well. Yet the lights came on again.
Earlier, the Ford Regional Customer Service rep in Phoenix denied my request for a buy back saying the problem was fixed so why would Ford buy it back?
I'm hesitant to return to the same dealer since during the repair process, they dinged the front right corner of the RV which now requires body work the dealer said they will pay.
I truly believe this coach, with just 2,112 miles on the odometer, is evil and jinked.
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder