Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Good eye! I didn't even notice those knobs on the windows. Exactly how does that work??
They louver out, similar to a jalousie window.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
They louver out, similar to a jalousie window.

Lori-

Yuck

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I've got 1 of the jalousie's in the Bounder's bedroom. It is nice that it can be open when it's raining, & with the MaxxAir covers on the vents allows for good airflow, I wouldn't want an entire coach full of those style windows. Unfortunately, they're all the rage now & what I'm going to want in 5-6 years used is gonna have those for all the windows.

Lori-
Old 04-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Good eye! I didn't even notice those knobs on the windows. Exactly how does that work?? I do like the opposing windows in the bedroom for cross-ventilation and more light...but storage is lost. It's always a tradeoff. Appears that new window is the emergency exit.
Your emergency window in the bedroom is by your heads. I did a post about getting out during emergency and preparing a bug out bag. About an eight foot drop to the ground.

Sofa looks worse than ever. Not sure what's different yet.

They work until the knobs strip out or the gears give out.(they all work when new).

We're installing window canopies, no leaks from the occasional rain.

There's an idea. Make the coach come standard with window canopies. We're supposed to being living the good life. Right?

The rear monitor closer to eye level is the correct location. Not low on the dash where you must take your eyes off the road. Think right hand turn about this especially. Nobody can look down and drive or backup.

Leveler control is hard enough to see laying flat on the shelf next to the drivers seat. Straight up and down low. Bleh.

No shelves next to the front seats, no magazine racks below, no cup holder on the shelf (try reaching down for your drink on the engine cover).

Outside compartments removed from street slide? What?

TV up in the air in the bedroom and cabinet above eliminated.

They closed up the space around the mid TV so now no sound can get out if you don't use your surround sound system.

We are glad to have our model. Is this new one a Classic model?
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I sure hope the FW marketing rep still reads these forums. As usual, when I'm at the FMA rally in Decatur this year, I voice my opinions in the customer feedback sessions. I'm already writing this stuff down to bring up this June.

From the price, I'd say that's NOT a Classic, it's the regular model. Sucks they're taking so much away yet, most likely, raising the price.

Lori-
Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Yuck
What he said.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I sure hope the FW marketing rep still reads these forums. As usual, when I'm at the FMA rally in Decatur this year, I voice my opinions in the customer feedback sessions. I'm already writing this stuff down to bring up this June.

From the price, I'd say that's NOT a Classic, it's the regular model. Sucks they're taking so much away yet, most likely, raising the price.

Lori-
That quoted price is a lot more than our "sticker" was. Of course, ours is 3 years old now so a little bump is to be expected.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
Your emergency window in the bedroom is by your heads. I did a post about getting out during emergency and preparing a bug out bag. About an eight foot drop to the ground.

Sofa looks worse than ever. Not sure what's different yet.

They work until the knobs strip out or the gears give out.(they all work when new).

We're installing window canopies, no leaks from the occasional rain.

There's an idea. Make the coach come standard with window canopies. We're supposed to being living the good life. Right?

The rear monitor closer to eye level is the correct location. Not low on the dash where you must take your eyes off the road. Think right hand turn about this especially. Nobody can look down and drive or backup.

Leveler control is hard enough to see laying flat on the shelf next to the drivers seat. Straight up and down low. Bleh.

No shelves next to the front seats, no magazine racks below, no cup holder on the shelf (try reaching down for your drink on the engine cover).

Outside compartments removed from street slide? What?

TV up in the air in the bedroom and cabinet above eliminated.

They closed up the space around the mid TV so now no sound can get out if you don't use your surround sound system.

We are glad to have our model. Is this new one a Classic model?
I know where our emergency windows are; I was commenting on the new one with the additional window where our TV is.

I agree with all your negatives...that controller for the jacks looks ridiculous. This does not appear to be a Classic; as far as I know there is not a "33C" in the Classic line.

Is the doghouse cover molded plastic? Hard to tell in the pics.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The doghouse does appear to be molded plastic. The dash even appears to be molded plastic (ours is padded vinyl). What is FW thinking?!?!?

Lori-
Old 04-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #24

Quote:
I know where our emergency windows are; I was commenting on the new one with the additional window where our TV is.

I agree with all your negatives...that controller for the jacks looks ridiculous. This does not appear to be a Classic; as far as I know there is not a "33C" in the Classic line.

Is the doghouse cover molded plastic? Hard to tell in the pics.

Sarah, I didn't even think to look at the window over the bed on this new and improved coach. Sure doesn't look like an escape exit. Hope it still is but I don't see how. What's worse is the new escape exit might not be the best idea. For anyone who hadn't read my previous post about fire threat, take a look and compare it to the new escape hatch.

ESCAPING YOUR RV BEDROOM
My Business - Videos

Our Bounder windows are higher off the ground!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:01 AM   #25
Community Administrator

2016 Bounder New Look

The escape window is opposite the bed under the TV. Notice the red handles. The window over the bed is larger and would've been a better choice and is not on top of the generator like the other one. EEK :(

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Had the Bounder 33c looked like this new one, I'd still be driving our former coach. Last time I had knobs to open the windows was in my Sunline trailer. What's next? Jalousie windows?
Have 2 original large Jalousie windows in the bedroon of our '93 Bounder and really like them. They work well and give good ventilation. The only windows we can or want to keep open at night for security. One night I heard noise up front and saw our cat with its hind legs braced against the wall, furiously tugging on the edge of the slider window with its two front feet, trying to get it open. Pretty amusing sight from an observant cat.

Kevin
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #27

[QUOTE=Steady_Rest;2511671]
Quote:
Had the Bounder 33c looked like this new one, I'd still be driving our former coach. Last time I had knobs to open the windows was in my Sunline trailer. What's next? Jalousie windows? QUOTE]

Have 2 original large Jalousie windows in the bedroon of our '93 Bounder and really like them. They work well and give good ventilation. The only windows we can or want to keep open at night for security. One night I heard noise up front and saw our cat with its hind legs braced against the wall, furiously tugging on the edge of the slider window with its two front feet, trying to get it open. Pretty amusing sight from an observant cat.

Kevin

No insult intended. I love old. I'm OLD.

Just seems electric windows should be the next improvement. No moving parts other than the sliding glass. They could use linear electric motors. If it rains a sensor closes the window. Too cold inside the window closes. You set the temp. This is the 21st century. I thought I'd be flying out of my driveway by now.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #28

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder