Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #1

Thumbs up 2016 Fleetwood 38k Expedition or Pace Arrow

Hi, new to the forum, not sure I am in the right place.
Looking to buy a 2016 fleetwood 38k expedition or 38k pace arrow. Dealer la messa in port st lucie Florida. Any thoughts on the RVs or dealer.
Thanks
Hopetorv2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #2

Make sure you look at the weight capacities between the two , the pace arrows is much less. we purchased an expedition 38K in Jan., from LaMesa we thought they did a good job and took care of any issues we had with the coach . also pay attention to water lines as we had a couple minor leaks after our trip back home to Texas, so in other words test everything and I mean everything to catch any possible issues
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The way the brochure reads on the pace arrow does leave one thinking that it is down on tow capacity. If you look at the actual weight of the coach, you will see there is plenty carrying capacity as well as tow capacity.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:31 AM   #4

I like both of those coaches did some research on them when I first discovered the new Pace Arrow. I've been in the Pace and Explorer and like the Pace better with the exception of the Allison 2500 vs 3000 xmsn. That being said Fleetwood has another similar DP in the new Excursion 36K. Here's the link to the page for your consideration. I especially like the availability of an overhead bunk on the Excursion (Grandkids).
http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/frvlibrar...XC36KFlyer.pdf

Also here is a link to a prior discussion of the 2 coaches
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/new-...ow-269312.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #5

La Mesa is rated 'A' by the BBB but La Mesa is not BBB accredited either because they didn't seek accreditation and/or they chose not to meet the accreditation standards. Been there a few times browsing the inventory and was put off by the less than professional sales staff. They have their share of detractors/bad customer feedback. Just be sure you have your bases covered in your purchase contract documentation. Given a choice, I would go with a family owned business but I understand such businesses typically can't float the range of brands and inventory a giant like La Mesa can. BTW we purchased our used coach from a Craigslist/RV Trader owner.