Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2017, 05:27 AM   #1

2017 fleetwood discovery lxe 40e ?

This looks like one heck of a nice coach-any one here have one? How is the drive-the ride-any problems-would you buy it again-this coach looks like it costs way more than there selling them for, is it really a bargain?

Looking to buy one of these so ALL input is appreciated .

Mark
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2017, 05:38 AM   #2

I've delivered both the new 40, and the 44H tag axle models(2018's)... and would quickly trade-up to one of these over many other new models out there. For the money, the build and amenities can't be beat, and the drive and ride is powerful and smooth. The LXE gives you the roof-mount awning(s), and higher front and rear caps, giving you more of the 'luxury' coach comparison to Newmars and Entegras(and now the Thor Tuscany). It also gives it a very close look to it's big brother American Coach lines, which are produced on the same line as the Discovery.

I averaged about 10-11 mpg in the 40, and about 9-10 in the 44H. While the 44H is close to/at 45' in length, with the tag axle you don't have the feel that it is longer than the 40, and drives and turns just as easy.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 AM   #3

We have had ours since July and love it. Lots of coach for the money. Tons of storage space inside and below. Drives super nice in my opinion. Typical squeaks and rattles we have been working thru but otherwise no issues.
We have put about 5000 miles on it since July. Longest trip so far Palm Springs to Portland and back.
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:34 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
15 40E Drives very good, much better than prior gassers. No major problems, but too many minor. 9 mpg pulling Accord, 10 no toad. 55-60 mph. Would like an American Coach but too much money and not enough more amenities. Got 35% off list.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #5

Bought the 2017 40e in January 17, rides great,lots of smaller inside issues but value for money is great. Put 11,000 miles on in 17, 7.6 mpg but drive too fast sometimes for best mileage. REV is a truck company so the thing is built well, lot of inside issues such as moveable bed failed, backsplash comes loose, have to install bungees on bedroom doors and across refrigerator.
dieselrv08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ours since 2013, only issue was a slide lock motor failed and a couple of operator induced problems. I don't think you can find a better coach for the money.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:36 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We purchased a 40D two months ago, very similar to the 40E. Rides nicer than our old 36D and has better power to weight characteristics. We have only had minor build quality issues, most I have fixed myself. A lot of coach for the money. No buyer's remorse here!
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bought the 2018 40G and love the ride and the lay out. Sure some small issues but nothing major. As other have said I think it is a lot of coach for the money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 AM   #9

Wow a lot of great reviews I cannot thank every one for there input. Looks like sometime in Jan-march the dealings will start.

Merry Christmas...
Mark
Old 12-01-2017, 07:19 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My wife and I really like the 40E. We are checking one out at the dealer tomorrow and may buy in near future.

The problem I have with the D and E floor plans, is the lack of belted seating. It looks like only 3 passengers can be belted on the couch, while underway. We may have times when we need more belted seating.
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:24 PM   #11

What I liked about the E was how it looks like a very expensive coach with a whole lot of extras for a fraction of the cost...
Old 12-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #12

We drove over to the dealer t0 look at a 40D. That was in April, coach was built in March, we drove home owning the coach. Wasn't exactly an impulse buy, we been thinking about trading for a 40' for a while. There's always a few things you wish was different, but that's with any coach. This one isn't a disappointment in any way and would do it again.

One PIA is the function of the awning mounted on the roof, and simulators that go around the roof. They trap and hold a lot of debris which means a trip up on the roof with a leaf blower to clear off. Probably a new piece of equipment for you to haul but plenty of room. As an example after parked at some of our favorite spots with oak trees, in the fall when you take off you can only imagine what 2 or 300 acorns rolling around on the roof sound like and they don't roll off. They have to be blown from the front and off the back end. At my age trips to the roof will get harder each year.

We still love it!
Old 12-02-2017, 04:35 AM   #13

now that I have found this fantastic motorhome which dealer gave you not only the best trade and discount but stood behind there rv sale?

Mark
Old 12-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2017 40D with a Feb build and need to insure the do the recalls on the dash lights and the upgraded fasteners holding the awning on. I’m currently at REV in Texas getting the awning done.

The only real major problem we have had is the kitchen counter top and the kitchen cabinet moved away from the wall. Make sure the back of the counter by the end of the couch sets flush against the wall and the caulking along the counter top is in good shape. Might also check the the forward two 6 volt battery box is secure and doesn’t hit the door. Other then that just small problems like screw loose and etc.

We do love our coach and REV repair is first class and we like not having to depend on dealers. The Texas REV has a camp grounds with free water and electric and there is a lot to see and do in the Dallas area. We have to travel 700 miles to get here and parts orders take 3 to 5 days but it’s better then months at the dealers and lame excuses why it takes so long.

We are just north of you in Kansas.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood