Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E

Hi everyone,
I bought a used 2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E a few months ago and am now looking at getting everything ready for travel next year. Being a newbie I do have a few questions:
- Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 2017 40E? I'm looking at the option to change the dish from Direct TV to Dish using the Winegard OEM dish kit but would like to make sure I understand the wiring before starting this.
- What is required for chassis maintenance? Dealing with the engine and generator seems more straight forward (e.g. every so many miles or hours). I can't find anything that documents what to do with regards to chassis maintenance or even where to take it.

Thanks so much for your help.
Hotellounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #2

Assuming that's a Freightliner chassis, any Freightliner dealer can service it. If you have the "owner's packet," there should be a Freightliner chassis manual in it. It will list the maintenance schedules & instructions. If you do not have the chassis manual, you should be able to download it from their website or get a hard copy from FCCC in Gaffney, SC.

One thing to consider: Because the Freightliner dealers are principally "big truck shops," motorhomes are a sideline, so many do not take appointments. (We're 0 for 3.) When we took ours in for 30k mile service, they had no specific regimen for our chassis, so we printed the pages from the manual & they used it as a checklist.

Freightliner in Gaffney, on the other hand, has several bays that are dedicated to motorhomes exclusively. Everyone raves about the place but the appointments run several months out.
Cincy Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:11 PM   #3

Hotellounge, you can call Fleetwood and after you supply the FIN number they will email you all drawings you request. FIN number is different from the VIN number.

Cincy Steve hit the nail on the head about Freightliner chassis. However, if you are going to do it DIY (oil and filter changes, chassis lube, air filters etc) then many of us can help.

I sent you a Private Message (PM)
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:12 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure what you mean by changing the wiring to switch between Direct and Dish. On our coach, I just went on the roof, removed the satellite antenna cover and flipped a couple dip switches. Connected up the Dish receiver and away we went. You should be able to download the satellite antenna manual and it will tell you the dip switch settings.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler1954 View Post
Not sure what you mean by changing the wiring to switch between Direct and Dish. On our coach, I just went on the roof, removed the satellite antenna cover and flipped a couple dip switches. Connected up the Dish receiver and away we went. You should be able to download the satellite antenna manual and it will tell you the dip switch settings.

10/4 on the DIP switches located on a circuit board inside the dish to change satellites receivers.

Email here fleetwoodmhservice@revrvgroup.com

and request all documents electrical, plumbing, entertainment center, etc. They will send you a bunch of PDF files, once you send the VIN, FIN numbers found from the placard on the driver side, outside below the window.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have any trouble getting the electrical schematics, given Fleetwood might be slow to respond these days, post back here and I'll share them out for your. We just traded in our 2017 40e and I still have all the docs. It s a good coach. Enjoy. And if you have any questions I've repaired most every system on it. Our was brand new when we got and they only come partially assembled.
ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood