Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2017, 03:56 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35M

We just traded our 2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27N for a 2017 Pace Arrow 35M. Disregarding the financial waste involved, was this a good move?

We don't take delivery for another couple of weeks.
Whlsdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have posted this before. We were a Fleetwood dealer. I love their products and hate the company. They make a good product. They have very good carrying capacity. The construction is well designed and stays together better than most. I did not like the company from a service managers perspective. I never turned a bill that they did not reduce the time and payment on. When it came time to trade I bought a Pace Arrow. I have had it 9 years and no major problems. Enjoy your new toy.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:41 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whlsdn View Post
We just traded our 2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27N for a 2017 Pace Arrow 35M. Disregarding the financial waste involved, was this a good move?

We don't take delivery for another couple of weeks.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love that 35M design and you should be in excellent shape with that new PA!

Fleetwood coaches to me relative to some other brands seem to be more sturdy, better built.

I have a 2003 Storm/2 slides and it has the same strength and durability as the Bounders that came out years later.

It is a strong and very dependable coach and although I have nothing but praise, it won't likely help you much with your new coach except to say that you should be in GREAT HANDS.

Now, I have heard MANY people say do not leave the dealer/factory without at least 3-4 days of operating all systems. They say it is impossible for any coach not to have some things that need fixed/tightened/etc that are new.

Best wishes and keep us posted!!!

Old 04-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep, still resolving issues.

Thanks for the replies. We do love this RV. Living in it a couple of weeks before departing Phoenix, we did find a few problems. Driver & passenger curtain panels were hanging loose, curtain snaps were poorly placed (Someone with a Monday hangover just drilled them in wherever, I think.), #1 A/C didn't work, 2 drawer bottoms fell out, kitchen faucet flow was a trickle compared to bath faucet, etc. Selling dealer (LaMesa) fixed most things suitably before we left. They said they could not get in a replacement A/C before we were to leave town, and they apparently were unable to figure out the faucet problem, though. On the way home to Longmont, CO we also learned the headlights were very poorly aimed. Scary!

We have an appointment with LazyDays in Loveland to get these remaining problems fixed, hopefully.

I have to say that the Freightliner chassis with Cummins 340 HP rear engine are a dream compared to the Ford F53 chassis and that noisy V10 front engine of our nice little Winnebago, even after all the chassis mods I completed. Naturally, we paid dearly for that change, of course! On the other hand, I'll bet my Sunstar LX 27N sold quickly. LaMesa promptly featured it in their lot a few days after our trade. If it isn't gone, you're in the area, and you're in the market for that kind of RV, you will not find a better lightly used unit anywhere! All the best mods are already done! Including the fabled CHP. And the bedroom arrangement is more efficient than our new 35 ft motorhome.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #5

We have the 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35B which is the same floor plan as the PA 35M. We really like the mid-entry door, drop down bunk and kitchen counter with stools. We purchased our in October 2015 at the La Mesa Dealer in Mesa, AZ. In the first year we had it back to the dealer 4 times for various warranty issues. Each time they were good about fixing everything in a timely manner. Most of the issues were small - strip across top of front dash came off, crown molding over front slide fell off, vacu-flush pump failed, headlight aim was way off, window at foot of passenger seat leaked, etc. We've put 14K miles on it so far and the last trip of 3,500 resulted in no new issues, so hopefully we have the bugs worked out of it. We also like the Freightliner chassis, but have the 300HP with 2100 Allison transmission. We pull a toad and I'm satisfied with the power, get 10-11 mpg.

Hope you enjoy your new coach.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #6

Good Morning Forum!
We pick up our new 2018 PA 35M today from La Mesa RV. We ordered her 3 months ago and today we pick her up. We transitioned to full time RVing in July and are currently live in a 25' Class A, which is way too small; so today is moving day!! We got a full time loan from Essex Credit and are looking forward to the the new space the 35M has! Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to post up reply's and pictures.
jasonhardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #7

How We the new PA?
Bubbs33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
January 2018 update

Well, the best I can say is that I'm hopeful all the bugs get worked outta this coach soon AND that I come to understand all the systems and the settings I should use. For now I'm trying to figure out a battery failure problem.

My RV resides in a garage where temperature never drops to freezing and the MH shoreline stays connected. Yet when I went to my rig a couple of days ago I discovered both batteries dead. The inverter was off, though I did not turn it off intentionally, thinking I understood that shoreline connected + inverter on = batteries maintained. That IS true, right? If all systems are working properly at least. And I don't use the battery disconnect switches since I was afraid doing so would isolate them from trickle charging from the inverter. I could be wrong about that too!

This 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35M has only 4K miles on it, since it has spent much of its short life at one dealer or another awaiting service or being serviced to address various bugs. By last fall we thought the last flaw was resolved. One rooftop climate control unit was bad when we bought it. After Lazydays tech killed the second unit while trying to fix the first one, it took a couple of months to get them both working. The tech's final diagnosis (with help from Fleetwood's tech call line) was as follows:

"The Precision monitoring system, Amp clamp, and control board are reading 90 Amps on leg one. Using techs amp clamp Getting only 13 amps on either leg when A/Cs are running. The system is shedding the A/Cs due to the system. The Board and amp clamp are Bad. Require replacement and Programming." (I'm wondering if what they did had unintended consequences now affecting batteries and more, but I digress.)

That diagnosis and repair took from 4/14/17 to 7/31/2017 for Lazydays to resolve!

Anyway, though RV shoreline is plugged in, here's a description of my current dilemma:
Power Control System Central Monitor Panel is off and unresponsive.
Home lights don't come on.
House outlets DO work.
RVComfort control panel is blank and unresponsive.
On the TEST panel, Battery Main will display good level AFTER I charged that battery with external charger, and -oops- no, I did not remove it from the MH. It did charge sufficiently for the MH to start and be driven to a local fuel station. Ran it for 40 minutes or more.
On the TEST panel, Battery AUX displays no data.
On the TEST panel, all tank data is properly displayed.
Power seats DO work.
No breakers in the main panel are thrown. I did not pull fuses to check them, but none that are clearly visible showed any damage.
Even though my Fleetwood is under warranty, I hate to wait for an appointment for service in order to resolve this. Lazydays will set me a date a few weeks out; then when the date arrives along with me and my MH, they'll park it on their lot without shoreline connection for another few weeks until they can actually pull it in to have someone look at it...which means I'll have to winterize it first. If they find it needs a new part, it goes back out to the lot while they contact manufacturer for permission to install the part under warranty. Then, when the part gets in, they'll again schedule shop time to, hopefully, fix it. Once that's all said and done, we'll miss our scheduled trip to Phoenix February 26, 2018!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #9

Quote:
ooof !
I second that.

Quote:
...."thinking I understood that shoreline connected + inverter on = batteries maintained. That IS true, right?..."
Yes, that's how ours works.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Well, the best I can say is that I'm hopeful all the bugs get worked outta this coach soon AND that I come to understand all the systems and the settings I should use. For now I'm trying to figure out a battery failure problem.

My RV resides in a garage where temperature never drops to freezing and the MH shoreline stays connected. Yet when I went to my rig a couple of days ago I discovered both batteries dead. The inverter was off, though I did not turn it off intentionally, thinking I understood that shoreline connected + inverter on = batteries maintained. That IS true, right? If all systems are working properly at least. And I don't use the battery disconnect switches since I was afraid doing so would isolate them from trickle charging from the inverter. I could be wrong about that too!

This 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35M has only 4K miles on it, since it has spent much of its short life at one dealer or another awaiting service or being serviced to address various bugs. By last fall we thought the last flaw was resolved. One rooftop climate control unit was bad when we bought it. After Lazydays tech killed the second unit while trying to fix the first one, it took a couple of months to get them both working. The tech's final diagnosis (with help from Fleetwood's tech call line) was as follows:

"The Precision monitoring system, Amp clamp, and control board are reading 90 Amps on leg one. Using techs amp clamp Getting only 13 amps on either leg when A/Cs are running. The system is shedding the A/Cs due to the system. The Board and amp clamp are Bad. Require replacement and Programming." (I'm wondering if what they did had unintended consequences now affecting batteries and more, but I digress.)

That diagnosis and repair took from 4/14/17 to 7/31/2017 for Lazydays to resolve!

Anyway, though RV shoreline is plugged in, here's a description of my current dilemma:

Power Control System Central Monitor Panel is off and unresponsive.

Home lights don't come on.

House outlets DO work.

RVComfort control panel is blank and unresponsive.

On the TEST panel, Battery Main will display good level AFTER I charged that battery with external charger, and -oops- no, I did not remove it from the MH. It did charge sufficiently for the MH to start and be driven to a local fuel station. Ran it for 40 minutes or more.

On the TEST panel, Battery AUX displays no data.

On the TEST panel, all tank data is properly displayed.

Power seats DO work.

No breakers in the main panel are thrown. I did not pull fuses to check them, but none that are clearly visible showed any damage.

Even though my Fleetwood is under warranty, I hate to wait for an appointment for service in order to resolve this. Lazydays will set me a date a few weeks out; then when the date arrives along with me and my MH, they'll park it on their lot without shoreline connection for another few weeks until they can actually pull it in to have someone look at it...which means I'll have to winterize it first. If they find it needs a new part, it goes back out to the lot while they contact manufacturer for permission to install the part under warranty. Then, when the part gets in, they'll again schedule shop time to, hopefully, fix it. Once that's all said and done, we'll miss our scheduled trip to Phoenix February 26, 2018!

I just got my 2017 storm last summer I bet you still have the turd batteries that came with it i made the dealer give me 5 new ones
Before i took possession maybe you can request that or have them tested by some second party then make the dealer replace them.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Right you are: I do have the original batteries, and my coach made the rounds of big La Mesa shows before I bought it. It already had 2,615 miles on it plus, I'm guessing, numerous days sitting on show lots (We bought it at the parking lot of the Cardinals stadium.) with mucho electrics on but, I think, not plugged in nor the gen running.

I'm guessing the batteries were a bit challenged, but I'd never thought they would not have recovered when properly hooked up all the time. Not that I know much. I'm taking it to Camping World to have this looked at Wednesday, and I'll be sure they consider this issue. For that matter, if new batteries would actually solve the current issues, I'd not argue about springing for them myself. But don't tell them that.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badhemi View Post
I just got my 2017 storm last summer I bet you still have the turd batteries that came with it i made the dealer give me 5 new ones
Before i took possession maybe you can request that or have them tested by some second party then make the dealer replace them.
Oh, yeah! FIVE batteries?? Mine only has 1 chassis and 1 house. The Storm must be a top line Fleetwood! I'm envious. Well, until time to replace them.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Camping World Fixed It!

I thought those who have contributed to this thread might like to know how this came out. Well, yesterday, in about 2 hours of work, our Longmont, CO Camping World service department figured out and fixed what was wrong. A 200amp breaker in the house battery compartment under the steps had blown - and by "blown," I mean exploded.

First, I didn't even know I had 4 house batteries under the steps. Duh. As I've said, my rig came with no hard copy manual and I've just recently downloaded the manual and begun printing out sections to study. I hadn't found that info yet. Certainly hadn't learned of the existence of both a 200amp and a 300amp fuse in this location. Neither did either Fleetwood's Tech Support contact or JustAnswer (a phone tech access system) even mention checking these fuses as a possible solution.

The shop manager would only speculate than my jumping the chassis battery might have blown this fuse if the house battery disconnect had not been clicked down (to disconnect status) OR if a major surge had hit the 30amp outlet in my RV garage. He suggested that seldom do they see one of these fuses fail. He'd had to go buy one to replace mine.

I have a different theory about what the cause could have been. My earlier guess in this thread was that work done last camping season by the Loveland Lazy Days dealer might have caused whatever was ailing my electrical system, and that seems more likely the answer than a jump start. Or a major electrical surge in a well-designed GarageTown facility. I'll never prove it, of course. So I'm out 300 bucks for a fuse replacement.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Final Resolution!

If you've followed this and still have interest....the Pace Arrow 35M is now in our past. Electrical issues continued, and, though our local Camping World likely was on the verge of solving things, while there I took a look at a 2018 Winnebago Forza 36G. Loved it. Showed it to the wife. Loved it. A purchase of a third new motorhome within 3 years of course does not make any financial sense, but the figures were right and we could do it and chose to make the leap.

We are on our first trip in the Forza, staying in Phoenix for a few weeks, and we absolutely love it. Yes, there are some problems, with some minor Winnie quality control glitches AND with some dealer installed items done improperly, but we can see ahead to having all those resolved without enraging delays or arguments.

Looking forward to finally enjoying the RV life!

Tags
ace, fleetwood, pace arrow