Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #1

2017 Storm

Well traded in the Winnie 27n for a Storm 32a love the layout loaded with options as usual a big punch list . Just wondering if it is normal for the main slide to actually look like it is teetering when is slides out almost like it wants to fall out until the top catches on the wall and then the bottom touches the wall just looks scary probably just me . I see a lot of mods in my future that will be great after being on this site you get a lot of good ideas. Like one hole for the sewer and water icky that will change unless i can get the dealer to help .one useless hole for the power cord i guess i will stick a rag in the hole for now to keep critters out .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	593.6 KB
ID:	182938
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
The slide on my terra did the same thing. I solved it by adding non marring casters under the inboard side of the slide. One up front and one at the back. The wheels also take all the stress off the tracks as the slide is supported on the inboard and not relying on the tracks to support the slide until it's all the way in or out. Measure carefully from the floor of MH to bottom of slide floor, when slide is in, then subtract 1/8 inch. Take that number to lowes and find wheel that is as close as possible, a little smaller is best as you can shim the wheel to a closer fit. Depending on your floor plan you will have to find a concealed spot to mount wheels, my forward one is under the forward seat of dinnette and rear one is under couch,MAKE SURE THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WAY OF WHEELS BEFORE PICKING YOUR SPOT, Took about an hour to install both wheels.

PS why did you trade the 27n?, I always liked that floor plan, nice layout for a short coach.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badhemi View Post
Well traded in the Winnie 27n for a Storm 32a love the layout loaded with options as usual a big punch list . Just wondering if it is normal for the main slide to actually look like it is teetering when is slides out almost like it wants to fall out until the top catches on the wall and then the bottom touches the wall just looks scary probably just me . I see a lot of mods in my future that will be great after being on this site you get a lot of good ideas. Like one hole for the sewer and water icky that will change unless i can get the dealer to help .one useless hole for the power cord i guess i will stick a rag in the hole for now to keep critters out .Attachment 182938
Yep, that's how mine works also. Had to have the rollers tightened as it was having trouble getting in and out. They were also gouging the bottom of the slide. Be prepared for lots of fixing. Very poor workmanship when building mine.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #4

Well rapid rick i did like that 27n it just was totally uncomfortable to hang out in when the weather got bad and I really like this floor plan and I expect to do a lot of work as i have on all coaches I’ve had unfortunately thanks for the reply like one guy said on this site if you cant work on it or not mechanically inclined don’t bye one lol .i love traveling .
Old 11-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
The slide on my terra did the same thing. I solved it by adding non marring casters under the inboard side of the slide. One up front and one at the back. The wheels also take all the stress off the tracks as the slide is supported on the inboard and not relying on the tracks to support the slide until it's all the way in or out. Measure carefully from the floor of MH to bottom of slide floor, when slide is in, then subtract 1/8 inch. Take that number to lowes and find wheel that is as close as possible, a little smaller is best as you can shim the wheel to a closer fit. Depending on your floor plan you will have to find a concealed spot to mount wheels, my forward one is under the forward seat of dinnette and rear one is under couch,MAKE SURE THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WAY OF WHEELS BEFORE PICKING YOUR SPOT, Took about an hour to install both wheels.

PS why did you trade the 27n?, I always liked that floor plan, nice layout for a short coach.

Guess what . I dropped something on the floor today in the coach and looked under the slide and it already has the casters nice .
Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, makes me think that someone at fleetwood is following this forum. Back in 2013 I posted that I relocated the vaccum generator for the vaccuflush system to a cargo hold, where I can service it easily, posted pics of the finished product,In my post I called their design people (TRAINEES), shortly after they moved the vac gen on the bounder to a similar outboard/easily reached spot.After that I posted that I added wheels to the slide, looks like maybe this forum and all the people that keep fixing their lousy designs, making these coach more user/tech friendly, with a little care and common sense thrown in. My list of repairs/improvements/upgrades is now up to 88 . The coach is now in my eyes, brought up to snuff. Would not have mattered if I had purchased a more expensive unit, I surely would have gone thru the same amount of upgrades and repairs. Now after all the time, effort, and money to make my unit travel worthy, I have absolutely no interest of trading it for something else, that I would have to start the process all over again.

PS check those wheels on the slide while operating the slide, if your still getting rocking then the wheels may need to be adjusted . When the slide starts to go out, the wheels should touch the floor almost all the way out.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
Old 04-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
Well, makes me think that someone at fleetwood is following this forum. Back in 2013 I posted that I relocated the vaccum generator for the vaccuflush system to a cargo hold, where I can service it easily, posted pics of the finished product,In my post I called their design people (TRAINEES), shortly after they moved the vac gen on the bounder to a similar outboard/easily reached spot.After that I posted that I added wheels to the slide, looks like maybe this forum and all the people that keep fixing their lousy designs, making these coach more user/tech friendly, with a little care and common sense thrown in. My list of repairs/improvements/upgrades is now up to 88 . The coach is now in my eyes, brought up to snuff. Would not have mattered if I had purchased a more expensive unit, I surely would have gone thru the same amount of upgrades and repairs. Now after all the time, effort, and money to make my unit travel worthy, I have absolutely no interest of trading it for something else, that I would have to start the process all over again.

PS check those wheels on the slide while operating the slide, if your still getting rocking then the wheels may need to be adjusted . When the slide starts to go out, the wheels should touch the floor almost all the way out.

Rick do you have any pics of your vacuum pump upgrade what’s it took to move it i have a 2017 storm 32a mine is above the storage bay in a couple feet wold like. To move it.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:03 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
1badhemi,
Yea, I found the pics and posts, click my user name, then search my posts to page 12, flush the vacuflush post is dated 2-28-15 and follow up pics are dated 3-21-15. Sorry for my inability to do a link for you as the computer is not my thing, you should find most info in regards to the relocation, in those posts,if not, let me know. I must say, it was worth the effort and expense. I have had 0 issues since this was done.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K