Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2017, 04:49 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are getting about 35% off! I have never negotiated prices before, it was a little nerve racking. We go next week to sign the papers.
Smithgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #16

I would very strongly suggest that you don't sign anything until after you have done a pre delivery inspection and things are completed to your satisfaction.. In my experience the service departments are about 500% less responsive to your coach after it's been paid for.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 AM   #17

I wish we had read some of Z3406 and computerguy's comments before we had bought out 2017 35k, but didn't find the site till after our purchase. They are true gurus in this MH thing.
tickfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:55 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks, we travel with my Mom (89) and it is pretty much all about the floor plan. Our first coach was a 39 foot DP, great ride but too much for this girl. I realize this 36H is close in length, being able for her to see out while riding and having enough beds for all of us is key. I have done a lot of reading and looking, so Im hoping and praying we are making the right decision.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithgirl3 View Post
Wow, that's a knee jerker! I need to do some more research. I have been able to get a great price on the model we are looking at. Maybe that the reason.

I have ( bought new) 2014 bounder that had minor problems repaired at the beginning. Been great ever since. Reading too many problems with the newer 6 speed 2016.
Added 5 star tune to mine to help transmission. Works great!!
Quality construction!
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you, we picked ours up today.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
I have ( bought new) 2014 bounder that had minor problems repaired at the beginning. Been great ever since. Reading too many problems with the newer 6 speed 2016.
Added 5 star tune to mine to help transmission. Works great!!
Quality construction!
I disagree with the statement about too many problems with the 2016 6 speed. I recall reading about 2 problems surfacing and have since been resolved (ABS module and Tow/Haul mode).

What issues have you heard about with the 6 speed?
Old 10-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #22

As having had a 2014 35k and then a 2016 35k 6 speed I will have to agree to disagree with mrsports.
There are to my knowledge three service bulletins effecting the 6 speed. One concerning a brake warning light issue, one for check engine lights and a third for tow haul issues. My coach never had the tow haul issue but did have the other two issues which were taken care of by my local Ford dealer with a reflash of the ECU.
Every other aspect of the 6 speed completely overshadows the 5 speed. I had the 5 Star on my 2014 and while it helps it does not compare with the operation of the 6 speed anywhere. At cruising speeds both have about the same noise level, after that it's no contest the 6 speed is about 70% quieter than the 5 speed. The 6 speed also out accelerates and outpulls the 5 speed on hills. At no time did my 6 speed ever get over 4500 rpm. The 5000 rpm wail of the 5 speed downshifting going over an overpass just never happens with a 6 speed. I know some of the noise difference is an improved sound deadening package that started on the 2016's but in the 15000 miles we drove the 6 speed we never had to raise our voices to communicate with one another no matter how steep the grade we were climbing.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have bought from General RV a Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K, which is the same motor home as a Bounder 35K, in fact they are built on the same line at REV. I wish I would have been a little more careful when I bought and looked at things a little closer. I have just returned home from being out in the motor home for 8 weeks and have now took it in for some warranty work. Everything from fit and finish to toilet leaking. I had a list of 13 different items and now this will be the third time it will have been in the shop for things wrong. It is a crime how the factory puts these motor homes together. We like the floor plan very much but very hard to like something that has piss water running across the floor and having to put the slide out in every time it rains.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #24

Darbyjudy,
Sounds pretty much on par for ALL RVs across the industry not just REV.
I would make sure the leak is actually black water. I had a fresh water leak and was simply a loose nut. Quick fix.
I did have a black water leak and turned out to be a cracked flange. They are easily cracked if they are not installed and torqued to spec. Mine was repaired/replaced under warranty.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #25

I wish I could say that I was going to trade in my ‘14 for a ‘16 just because of the 6 speed vs 5 speed transmission, financially, taking a depreciation hit does not warrant it .
Prior to installing the 5 star tune I took 2 trips in my bounder and yes she would screen up hills and easily go over 5000-5500 rpm.
With 5 star, having just gotten back from a trip out west, the rpm’s never went over 4500.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #26

mrsporty
If your inferring that I traded a 2014 for a 2016 solely for the 6 speed you are making a faulty assumption. The 35K received a redesign twice in 2016 with the 30th anniversary being the closest to what they are currently producing. The 30th anniversary may have the same floor plan as a 2014 but thats pretty much where the similarity ends. The single biggest advantages of the newer coaches is the availability of a drop down front bunk and the residential refrigerator. I don't know how good my negotiating skills are compared to others but the difference when I traded up to the 2016 was very reasonable.
I commend your driving ability because it seems you have found a way to keep the coach out of third gear something I was unable to do even with the 5 Star on my 2014.
Smithgirl3
Congradulations on your purchase we had a very enjoyable ownership experience with our Bounder we put 15000 miles on it in under 2 years. MAy I suggest if you have the time you look at this thread it is long but I can assure you that it will make living with a Bounder a more enjoyable experience.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
Darbyjudy
I have repair invoices from the Fleetwood service center for about 90 different items. Some serious some not so much. At no time did the folks at the service center ever question repairing something that was not right, if I showed them something that was not right they fixed it. If Fleetwood had a floor plan that fit my needs as well as my current coach I would buy another in a heartbeat.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #27

Curious does your residential fridge run off propane while driving?
I saw the bunk above the driver, only use would possibly be the grandkids as my wife would never climb up there.
We live our unit and the oversized shower compared to, yes even big dp’s, plus a second bathroom was a big plus.
What would make me move to the same but newer unit? The same unit by Fleetwood in a dp has 2 slides in the bedroom. That would be nice, plus a king bed. The other positives outweigh the few negatives.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Frig does not run on propane, it uses the House batteries, the generator has an auto setting so when the batteries get low it kicks in. The bdrm has two slides and we got the optional king bed. We travel with my Mom (89), so the bath and a half were a big selling point.