RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHandy View Post
I ordered through Anderson a new all Brass valve assembly. It took 6 weeks to get it but it is the newest version. It only has 3 positions but replaces the 4 position valve. All the connections are the same and was a very easy swap. So far it is working perfectly.
I like the advice of removing all the pressure on the valve when changing the position of the valve.
I got tired of replacing the core too. I also tried replacing the water pump check valve which fixed nothing.
Just ordered my new upgraded brass valve from Anderson. Still a 6 week wait. Asked for a discount and got one for the poor quality of the plastic valve with rubber seals that fails continuously.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2019, 12:07 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHandy View Post
I ordered through Anderson a new all Brass valve assembly. It took 6 weeks to get it but it is the newest version. It only has 3 positions but replaces the 4 position valve. All the connections are the same and was a very easy swap. So far it is working perfectly.
I like the advice of removing all the pressure on the valve when changing the position of the valve.
I suspect this is happening in our coach -- I've noticed that the fresh level is up from what I recall and I've also had the pump cycle a bit last trip back (with every faucet closed).

If I can reproduce that the tank is filling up while on city water, is there an easy way to diagnose between the check valve and Anderson valve core?

Also wondering if I should keep an Anderson (plastic) core on hand on the road just in case?

The brass valve looks nice but it is a lot of money (not sure how much discount people are getting) and a bit of work to replace.
__________________
2018 Fleetwood Southwind 35K (aka Bounder LX) F53 22k
w/ CHF,Safe-T-Plus, UltraTrac Rear Trac Bar, Konis
+2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatch/Brake Buddy Stealth/BlueOx Alpha
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot_ View Post
...
If I can reproduce that the tank is filling up while on city water, is there an easy way to diagnose between the check valve and Anderson valve core?

Also wondering if I should keep an Anderson (plastic) core on hand on the road just in case?

The brass valve looks nice but it is a lot of money (not sure how much discount people are getting) and a bit of work to replace.
I could not find an easy way as it only did it intermittently. Replaced the pump check valve first. Then the core. Core seemed to fix it for a while until I spun the valve a number of times.

Yes, I would keep an extra on hand as it will happen again and again. I was VERY careful to relieve all pressure before spinning it but it happens again and again. Option is to just use the water pump all the time and listen to it cycle periodically. PIA!

Not enough of a discount but I like things to work and not work through a cluge.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:24 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot_ View Post
I suspect this is happening in our coach -- I've noticed that the fresh level is up from what I recall and I've also had the pump cycle a bit last trip back (with every faucet closed).

If I can reproduce that the tank is filling up while on city water, is there an easy way to diagnose between the check valve and Anderson valve core?

Also wondering if I should keep an Anderson (plastic) core on hand on the road just in case?

The brass valve looks nice but it is a lot of money (not sure how much discount people are getting) and a bit of work to replace.
$175 for the brass valve and it solved the problem. After 2 separate trips of someone knocking on my door late at night to tell me my tank was overflowing was enough for me to spend the money. It is an easy swap to replace. Roughly 20 minutes.
MHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
What year did they go to Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
This is very common to Bounders since they started using the Anderson Brass 4 way valve. The valve leaks internally and can cause this issue. Call Anderson Brass and there is a good chance their service department will send you a replacement valve core assembly that will remedy the issue.
Any idea what year they went to the Anderson brass valve? I have an 06 Bounder 38N.

Thanks
Jason.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.P View Post
Any idea what year they went to the Anderson brass valve? I have an 06 Bounder 38N.

Thanks
Certainly not in your year. It is pretty new as 2019. I have a 2016 and junk plastic one. Mine is on order and they said 6 weeks.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Certainly not in your year. It is pretty new as 2019. I have a 2016 and junk plastic one. Mine is on order and they said 6 weeks.
Yes sir, that is one reason I keep a spare, also a spare (rebuilt) Vacuum pump. As I have had to replace/rebuild my vacuum pump 3 times and it is a '16. Gotta be prepared!!
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:23 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.P View Post
Any idea what year they went to the Anderson brass valve? I have an 06 Bounder 38N.

Thanks
My Bounder is a 2018 and it came with plastic valve. The all brass valve according to Anderson was not even available until mid 2019
MHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
water, water pump, bounder, valve



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fleetwood Bounder 35K :: 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K jhlubbeck iRV2 Owners Registry 0 06-17-2019 03:00 PM
16 Bounder 35K :: 2016 Fleetwood 35K computerguy iRV2 Owners Registry 0 01-19-2018 05:40 PM
Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K vs. Fleetwood Bounder 35K klebs Class A Motorhome Discussions 7 04-01-2017 10:12 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.