Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

2019 Discovery LXE 44B

Interested in feedback on the 44B. I know it is a new model, but has anyone purchased one yet?

• I have looked at other brands with the rear bunk and have read the heating and cooling in the back is really lacking. How is it in the 44B?
  • When you get the bunks, you give up your closet. Are the other hanging closets in the RV long enough to actually accommodate clothing? We have a couple small closets in our current RV that are actually too short for even shirts.
  • With the slides in, can you open the refrigerator, access the half bath and get to the bunks? Similar layout to the 44H, so someone with that layout might be able to answer.
  • Has anyone purchased from MHSRV? They have the largest inventory of this model, but I have heard very mixed reviews on purchasing from them.
  • Any other early insight into the 2019 models? I hate to buy new, but there really aren't many rear bunk models available.
Thanks for your thoughts!
N_Doyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2018, 04:15 AM   #2

I don’t have a 44 but do have a 2017 40E and you cannot easily access the rear bath when all closed up. The bed is raised in a 45degree angle and then the foot is up against the wardrobe side so I would imagine the only access to bunks is crawling over the bed. Maybe a kid but not very convenient. In ours you can access the half bath, fridge and kitchen while closed up.
another note is the rear bath is always warm after arriving and opening up coach so the bunks would most likely be super warm while traveling.
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
UAV

Looked very closely at a 44B but decided to go with a 40D instead. Liked them both but the 40D just had a bit better floor plan to us.

We made an offer to a few companies, one of them being MHSRV.

In the end, we went with General RV out of Draper, UT but we will be picking up at their Huntley, IL location.

I made the same price offer to both companies, General RV negotiated our offer while MHSRV would not do anything. Nice guys, nice website but not getting a counter on our offer was not the best choice on their part if you ask me.

We went with General RV and their price was much lower than anyone else.

As far as the 2019s go, Fleetwood is finally doing at least a bit more of a contemporary look if one so chooses. If you look at the interiors of anything prior to 2019 they just feel dated to me.

Buying new hurts but that is the route we went. Been there, done that with pre-owned coaches!

Will be posting on the entire experience once we take delivery in October; however, so far so good.

Hope that helps at least a little.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery