Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2022, 07:22 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2020 Discovery Fuel Range

We have a 2020 Discovery 40g on the Freedom Bridge chassis with digital dash. Is there a setting somewhere for the fuel range calculation? I consistently get 7-8 mpg yet a full 100g tank reports 432 miles. It ticks down much slower than actual miles. Clearly it is not using the average FE info it has to adjust
jbellarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Check in the trip settings and see if it shows the average in that screen. 7-8 sounds right for your mileage. It would have to go to freightliner for any computer adjustments that would need to be made to make the miles to empty more accurate.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My non-digital dash 2015 Discovery mpg meter reads 8-10 % high. Actual is always lower. Hand calculations are accurate over several fill ups.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:06 PM   #4

Yep, I always do my by hand.
KingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:16 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Freightliner uses 4.3 mpg in its distance to empty calculation, not the actual mpg of the motorhome.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:56 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yup, 4.3 is exactly what they use. Sounds like it is not something I can't adjust. Will just continue to recognize that I can actually go 700-800 on a tank not the 430 it tells me. It was funny yesterday I drove 42miles and it reported 111 miles to empty for the entire time! Appreciate the response
jbellarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:37 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The only way to track fuel burn is to know your MPG and the amount of fuel in the tank. The gauge and all the other tech stuff is a guess. If you allow for a strong head/tail wind, hills, lots of start stop traffic, etc, and apply that to the normal MPG, you'll be more accurate than the gauges.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:01 AM   #8

We have a 2020 38W and by our hand calculations we get 7-8 mpg towing regardless of head winds, mountains ect. We measure each time we fill up. As for the dash mileage I asked Freightliner when we had annual service in Gaftney SC last month. They said the 4.3 was hard coded into the system and could not be changed or adjusted. I don't know if the newer runs/versions of the dash are fixed.
Parhole1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fuel