Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2022, 09:22 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C Smell in Bedroom

We purchased a used 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C motorhome with only 3500 miles and we love it. Everything works, as expected. Of course, it's an RV and we expect routine maintenance and fixes when required.

Unfortunately, we have found that when are black water (and gray water) tank is about 1/3 full, it starts to smell in the bedroom. Bathroom doesn't smell. We've tried the usual treatments. Dawn, Borax, Fabric Softner, etc., without much success.

I thought that maybe it was the gray water and smell might be coming from where the washer/dryer would be located. It does not. It's stronger around the slide-out wall and even seems like it's coming through the air vents a bit. Ugh.

I have seen other posts about this but without a real solution. Thought I would bring it back around to this group for recommendations. I appreciate your feedback!
Detour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2022, 12:01 PM   #2

Is the smell in the bedroom? Driver or passenger side? The plumbing from the washer/dryer runs under the cabinets towards the center of the unit and meet about where the shower is at. In the bathroom you should have the gray and black tank vents, make sure they are not clogged.
billy_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:12 PM   #3

I would take the metal panel off above the propane tank. It is possible the bellows in the vacuflush system has split and leaking some pleasant effluent from it. If it is just taking that cover off will be quite "pleasant" and you'll know where it is coming from. This is where the vacuflush pump lives.
It could b the vent pipes to the roof have come loose from the tanks. Those vents go through the bedroom/bath wall (gray) and bath/living room (black).
I know when I flush my toilet, the BR AC is on I get some smell for a short period. I am guessing it is getting sucked through the roof vent into the AC unit. It only last a very short period then it is gone so I have not looked into it further. In theory the AC unit should not allow this but theory s one thing, reality is something totally different.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:57 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you for the advice! I will be checking out the options and will report back.
Detour2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, smell