Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
DDE

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2020 Fleetwood Flair 29M backup camera not working

Hi Everyone,
Seem to be having yet another problem with my new 2020 Fleetwood flair 29m. My backup camera stoped working. For a while it would flicker in and out but now it just says no signal. The side cameras work but backup not. I have pulled out the head unit and checked out cable coming in and looks good.

I am trying to figure out were the camera may be getting power as the cable into head unit is just an RCA jack so no power there.

Any Ideas?
DDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDE View Post
Hi Everyone,
Seem to be having yet another problem with my new 2020 Fleetwood flair 29m. My backup camera stoped working. For a while it would flicker in and out but now it just says no signal. The side cameras work but backup not. I have pulled out the head unit and checked out cable coming in and looks good.

I am trying to figure out were the camera may be getting power as the cable into head unit is just an RCA jack so no power there.

Any Ideas?
Having never had a BACK CAMERA go wrong, but having installed two. You stated lost "SIGNAL" this is key. Check the rear camera wires are all three snugly connected. One wire is ground, two-wires run down to the backup lights, so check that both backup lights are working correctly. The third and last wire connects to the Pos+ side of the backup lights, when they come on so the camera comes on. My thought is if you have any tail light issue you may just see that reflected in the camera problem. If all connections are good they all may be the reception.

I saved this for last as this is where I think your issue is. Now understand the small radio like signal has a short output range, Anything laying on the dashboard. Suitcases laying up in the back near the camera "COULD BLOCK" the signal output, now the work for you begins trying to find what is in between the radio signal wave blocking and trust me you want belive just how short the output signal truly is. GOOD LUCK
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #3
DDE

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Dogman. This unit has the capability of me brining up the camera without having the RV in reverse. Would that still be connected to my Backup lights? The unit is a Boss BV9370B.

I am going to go check the connections again. Will provide update.
DDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
Community Administrator

2020 Fleetwood Flair 29M backup camera not working

The way I remember my Bounder is that the camera could be on all the time when selected ( always had it on when driving ) , however if it wasn’t on it would come on by itself when transmission was placed in reverse.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:25 AM   #5

I am also having troubles with my right turn signal and backup cameras. On my system there is a switcher component in the dash behind the head unit. All three cameras feed into it and then a single Rca wire goes from the switcher unit to the head unit. Trying now to get to the actual camera in the right mirror is brutal. Btw left turn signal camera works fine. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #6

Had the same problem, on then flicker go out on flicker fuzzy, climbed up my ladder removed camera cleaned connection with contact cleaner checked tightness no problem since
fleetwood ex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, camera, fleetwood