Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2021, 06:18 PM   #1

2021 FW Fortis 34 MB passenger slide, rear bedroom, not working.

The smaller rear slide is not working.
Red light (low voltage, set parking brake, fault) and the green light flash alternately.
The large front slide works fine.
Coach battery reads 14 plus volts and the chassis battery reads 13.3 volts. Manual says it needs 13 volts.

Ideas?
Going to call FW in the am.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #2

Ok then.

I called Shane at FW/Rev group.
He was very helpful and patient.
He had me take the switch out and reprogram it.
Fairly straightforward with his help.It works fine now.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
Ok then.

I called Shane at FW/Rev group.
He was very helpful and patient.
He had me take the switch out and reprogram it.
Fairly straightforward with his help.It works fine now.
Hi DVMWEB,

Did he give you any written instructions, or just walk you through it on the phone? I also have a 34MB, and I'm wondering if someday I'll need to reprogram mine.
Jim917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:48 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I would like to know also if there are any written instructions for that reprogramming. Would appreciate a response.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF45377 View Post
I would like to know also if there are any written instructions for that reprogramming. Would appreciate a response.
I'm not the OP for this thread, but I just went through the same trouble with my front slide on my 2022 Fleetwood Fortis 34MB. The Fleetwood support guy talked me through the programming procedure, and then emailed a .pdf to me with the full instructions. I'll attach it here in case someone needs it.

This is the kind of thing you probably want to print out and keep in the coach. My slide was stuck OUT on Saturday morning, and we were trapped in the campground beyond our reservation until Monday when I could call Fleetwood. Then it turned out the fix just took a few minutes. I wish I had the info on Saturday!!! I could have fixed it myself very easily, and been out of there with only a slight delay.

Apparently, the slide controller has the IN OUT stop points programmed so it knows exactly where to stop in each direction. For some unknown reason, the controller occasionally forgets it's programming and doesn't know what to do. The symptom in my case was that the slide was stuck OUT (extremely inconvenient), and it would only move about an inch back and forth at the OUT position.

The procedure involves removing the IN/OUT button panel from the wall and using hidden buttons on the back to manually move the slide and stop it at appropriate points. Then those points are stored as the programmed stop points.

It's actually very simple once you know what to do, but you would never be able to figure it out without instructions. It's not intuitive like setting the clock on your VCR.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Inwall, Setting In & Out Stops.pdf (928.0 KB, 44 views)
Jim917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear, slide