Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2021, 07:27 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile Fixed for now......

I picked up my Southwind on Friday (26th) from the Ford Fleet Service Center. They warrantied everything including the new brake pads. Yeah!

Everything looks good for now. Its going to rain tomorrow, but I plan on giving it a good wash before hitting the road next Friday.

I was able to fill the water tank with a bleach solution today and install the Tireminder TPMS system. Will go for a short ride to slosh the water around the tank.

I was following a thread on adding a bidet attachment. I may tackle that before heading out. I also have a Ring camera/doorbell that I want to add.

Thanks for following my thread. I should change the title to "2021 Southwind 34C / Initial Review / long winded / Upgrades / Journey / Blog"
GMan2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bidet attachement

I had to find a 1/2in X 1/2in X 3/8in Tee fitting. Both large box stores had it.
Everything works as it should. No leaks. (knock on wood) I'll need to trim the cover pieces.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	323047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0248.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	323048  

Old 04-06-2021, 09:13 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats, we just purchased a 2020 34 c with 6k miles. Are you replacing the steering stabilizer the rig came with?
bwalker6128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:10 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
It didn't come with one. I added the Safe-T-Plus.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Trip to Orlando, FL

Hello All,

We took a small 5 day'r down to Orlando this past Easter weekend.
First, if you stay at a KOA that says they have "free" shuttle to the the Orlando attractions, don't book it until you confirm they still do. We were stuck taking Uber to and from the Sea World and Legoland at@$40 each way. Taxis were $80 and up!

My 2021 Southwind was a major improvement in drivability from the Thor ACE.
It was windy as hell. My rig likes to stay in the 65-70mph range and averaged 7.8 MPG. The big rigs did little to it, but once I get her up a bit faster, I had to counter steer for the semis and I experienced a bit of tail wag. The tail wag went away when I slowed her down a bit. I wonder if people saw the tail wag. It felt funny at first like a shimmy and I didn't notice it in the rearview mirror. I thought that the rear track bar took care of all that.
A lot of RVs out. I saw plenty of towables swaying back and forth from the wind and a bunch of those Rent a RV USA folks going 70+. (I just hoped the minimum waged paid employee checked tire pressures). A few DPs with toads just chugging along with no worries.

Overall. I enjoyed the drive. Most important is that we arrived and returned safely.

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:05 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ring Camera and chime

Hello. I added the Ring Door bell and chime. We have a short two day trip to Niagara Falls in mid May to shake down the front Sumo Springs and the all corner Koni shocks install. I'll take pics soon. Sorry. I don't know why my pic is sideways.

Thanks for viewing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	327469  
Old 05-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan2021 View Post
Hello. I added the Ring Door bell and chime.
Hi, I posted earlier and I have a 2019 Southwind so "I'm on your team" but.... I have been to all 50 states, and all of the lower 48 in an RV, but Im trying to think of what reason you would want a Ring door bell on the outside of your coach.

I just have so many questions....

The "Ring" works on wifi, so will you have to re-install it to the new network at every campsite or are you using your phone as a hotspot all day and/or night? What if you take your phone to leave and there is no wifi where you leave the RV? Are you getting a doorbell because you have that many guests and visitors?.... Or are you using it more as a security camera for that immediate patio area by the door? If it is for security, what about the other 3 sides of the coach that aren't covered? Are you worried about theft of items outside or a break in to the inside of the RV? Is this because you park it at a storage yard and dont want anyone messing with it there? Is it glued to the coach or did you screw it in? Are you worried that it might false alarm dozens (hundreds) of times a day if people are walking by, coaches moving in and out, cars driving, dog walkers?

You probably have many great reasons for having it.... Im just curious to hear what they are as I have never heard or seen anyone install one of these on an RV. Maybe you are a trend setter and soon we will all want these on the outside?

Thanks!
AZ RV'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #22
US1

Looks good. My water heater doors have been like that too. The inside flue is hitting the door vent screen. I usually just push the door sideways a little when closing so there is no interference. I have also ever so slightly bent the flue in a tad to clear the door screen.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:54 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
Hi, I posted earlier and I have a 2019 Southwind so "I'm on your team" but.... I have been to all 50 states, and all of the lower 48 in an RV, but Im trying to think of what reason you would want a Ring door bell on the outside of your coach.

I just have so many questions....

The "Ring" works on wifi, so will you have to re-install it to the new network at every campsite or are you using your phone as a hotspot all day and/or night? What if you take your phone to leave and there is no wifi where you leave the RV? Are you getting a doorbell because you have that many guests and visitors?.... Or are you using it more as a security camera for that immediate patio area by the door? If it is for security, what about the other 3 sides of the coach that aren't covered? Are you worried about theft of items outside or a break in to the inside of the RV? Is this because you park it at a storage yard and dont want anyone messing with it there? Is it glued to the coach or did you screw it in? Are you worried that it might false alarm dozens (hundreds) of times a day if people are walking by, coaches moving in and out, cars driving, dog walkers?

You probably have many great reasons for having it.... Im just curious to hear what they are as I have never heard or seen anyone install one of these on an RV. Maybe you are a trend setter and soon we will all want these on the outside?

Thanks!
Hello. We do overnights in Walmart/Gander Mt/Cracker Barrel/Truck Stops. The Ring is for basic security and alerts us when someone is at the door. I'm not too concerned about theft of items in the cargo area as I am worried someone is trying to enter the MH while we're in it. (I just need the extra few seconds to grab something if you know what I mean) Its a deterrent like anything else. People with bad intentions don't like cameras and are more likely to move on. The solar base is screwed in. I remove the Ring when enroute and attach it with two torx screws upon arrival. It is set on my phone hotspot. I really don't care when we're out and parked in a RV park. I would need to set it to the RV Park internet if I want to be alerted of motion while out. The alerts and sensitivity of motion can be adjusted.
I am definitely not a trendsetter. I saw it on a few popular RV YouTube videos.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:58 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by US1 View Post
Looks good. My water heater doors have been like that too. The inside flue is hitting the door vent screen. I usually just push the door sideways a little when closing so there is no interference. I have also ever so slightly bent the flue in a tad to clear the door screen.
Thanks.

I am in the process of fabricating a bug/wasp screen for the vents. I've seen those currently on the market held by springs, but I'm a cheapy and think I can do better. I'll post what I come up with.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:07 AM   #25
US1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan2021 View Post
Thanks.

I am in the process of fabricating a bug/wasp screen for the vents. I've seen those currently on the market held by springs, but I'm a cheapy and think I can do better. I'll post what I come up with.
I didnt care for the bug eyed bug protector either. Gaudy looking.
So I made my own also. Did same for my furnace. After removing and disassembling my furnace to clean the wasp nest out, that wasn’t going to happen again. Used SS wire mesh
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6FF36159-0289-42D4-83EE-1DDBA3230E21.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	327505  
Old 05-07-2021, 01:47 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by US1 View Post
I didnt care for the bug eyed bug protector either. Gaudy looking.
So I made my own also. Did same for my furnace. After removing and disassembling my furnace to clean the wasp nest out, that wasn’t going to happen again. Used SS wire mesh
That's my plan too. How's it holding up?
Old 05-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Koni's and Sumo helper springs up front.

Parts #

Koni 8805-1018 99-18 F53 Front
Koni 8805-1019 99-18 F53 Rear

Sumo Spring SSF-170-40-2

I still don't' know why the first two pics are loaded sideways.

Thanks for viewing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	327519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	327520  

Name:	IMG_0363.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	327521  
Old 05-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #28

Be interested to hear how the shocks work for you. Just picked up my 35k and so far I love the new v8 chassis and don't think I really need anything done to it based on the 8 hours of driving I have done. I will probably do the rear track bar eventually but so far the push from passing trucks hasn't really been noticed

Also were you able to do the shocks and sumos with the wheels on?

Tags
southwind, wind