Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2021, 07:35 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
21 Bounder 35k: water heater

The water heater is not working on our brand new 35k unit. It won't work on electric or LP. It worked for 2-days then quit. Is there a reset button somewhere?
jlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey, did you figure it out?

I'm sure there is some fault that is not allowing the heater to stay on.

If I were in your situation, I would check the circuit breaker panel and flip the breaker on and off. Second, I would pull the pressure release lever at the water heater until i get a good gush of water spurt out(just in case there is a air bubble in the water tank)

Since you said you had hot water, then I will assume your propane tank valve is open and has gas. (You may want to screw and unscrew (shut and open) the valve anyways)

I've never used the electric, I was told it takes a long time to heat up.

I hope this helps. I have seen on my control panel that the igniter has failed. I give it about 10 minutes and try again it fires up.

G
GMan2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:01 AM   #3

Please provide the make and model number of your water heater. Info should be located on the door or access panel outside of the water heater. On standard hot water tank systems, it requires 12 volts to work the gas and 120 vac for the electric portion of the water heater to work. Also if one of the 2 thermostats mounted on the tank is bad (open all the time) neither gas of electric will not work. More info please.
John
Old 04-16-2021, 05:51 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the responses. I have a dometic GC10A-4E water heater. Checked gas and electric fuse at illuma plex both "ok"; turned breaker off - waited a long time and turned it on; LP gas is on and gas stove is working. The plex display at the entry door allows me to turn on the water heater for both LP and electric but it does not result in hot water. I did not try the pressure release valve. The on-line manual shows an on-off switch but I can't find it (if there is one). Any other suggestions are appreciated!
Old 04-16-2021, 07:54 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same water heater in my 2021 Southwind.

I'm just spitting out ideas. The pressure release is that in the center with the light blue circle. Lift it slowly and just a tad. A burst of water plus maybe some air will come out. Make sure it seats back in the down closed position when done.

Here's a pic for those more technical. Best of luck!

I've also noticed a delay in the touch screen control panel. It takes a second to actually turn on and when you think it didnt and hit it again, it turns off. I just touch it once and wait a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	325163  
GMan2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:59 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the response. I tried the pressure valve and it didn't get the heater going. i called RevRV and checked the voltage coming into the control board from the three wires (brown, white, orange). They all had 12-volts (a bit higher). The wires leaving the board had zero volts. Conclusion - bad board. General RV will have it on Monday to replace the board. I will order a spare on amazon when this is fixed. Thanks for responding to my post. I was hoping it was an easy reset. Lesson learned - have an extra board when camping.

John
2021 Bounder 35k
Old 04-19-2021, 07:36 AM   #7

Then you should probably get one for the furnace too. Those boards are known to go bad.
Mine was replaced under warranty. As was the sail switch and a bunch of other things.
IMO too expensive to carry spares of everything though. Too easy to order on Amazon when/if needed.
I am full time.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:05 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Water Heater Repaired

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I "thought" I diagnosed the problem to be the circuit board. However, General RV found it to be the T-stat. They replaced it under warranty and I am good-to-go. I ordered a T-stat and board from Amazon for the future. I now know how to check the t-stat. Is was getting voltage to the board but not out of the board. I need to check continuity on the t-stat too.

Thanks again for the responses! I appreciate it!!

Tags
bounder, heat, heater, water, water heater