Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #15

TimmyB was also kind enough to point out the MSRP is higher ($3,400) and they have deleted the standard satellite dish ($1,200)

Perhaps the new v8 chassis is more expensive, or the awning.... or they just want a higher margin
mack73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2020, 02:38 PM   #16

One other new thing that I noticed: Liquid Springs will be available sometime in the model year. Not early, though. That (on the Tiffin) was about $12-14K, if I recall. Not sure what that will do to the GVWR/GCWR. Fleetwood's website says the Bounder has up to 9,000 pounds of towing, but none of the four available models have more than 5,000. I'm thinking they forgot to take that sentence out from the 2020 Bounder, when they still had the 36FP model, which is not being offered in '21 apparently.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:15 AM   #17

I agree with Timmy B. You have done your homework and that says a lot. We have bought 3 new rv's and have good luck and service with all, a Winnebago, Forest River Georgetown and now a 2018 Fleetwood Southwind, which is the same as Bounder. We bought from General in Tampa, they were excellent. Did 2 hour PDI. Made an appointment for a week after we bought it so we could use it and bring it back to work out the bugs. Only minor issues. The step motor failed once and FW helped make an appointment at CW and got it fixed at no cost. I live near Tiffin and checked them out closely, but considering the little difference there was a lot more room for negotiating price, saved me over 20k. I installed Sumo springs and a trac bar. My wife and I love the RV and made a good choice.

Maybe I am just lucky, but I like having a new RV. We have had it two years, put on 28000 miles and 32 states pulling 6000# and it has performed well.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:33 AM   #18

I ended up watching that 2021 video all the way through. I don't know how well the new engine will perform but that smaller doghouse is a huge improvement. Climbing in and out of the driver seat is one of the few things I find truly frustrating in my Bounder.

The front bunk looks the same... That leaf Spring garbage he was talking about is a load of hooey. The 2020's have the same thing and it does nothing to make the yoga mat comfortable. We ended up buying a three inch foam topper that we bring on board when it is needed.

As to the awning... I would consider a model with side arms to support it an upgrade. We find we can only deploy our awning about half as often as units with better support. The Carefree awning puts a whole lot of stress along the top of the RV. Basic physics tells me that the triangle created by those support arms provides a much sturdier platform.

2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P / 2015 Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #19

Circling back on this. I now have a '21 Bounder 35k on order

The changes to the chassis, engine performance, doghouse, new dash/steering wheel and awning were enough to push me towards the '21 over the concern of new v8 engine 'reliability' and increase in MSRP.

And now the several month wait begins
Old 09-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #20

We have enjoyed our 2016 Bounder 33C. Lots of little issues. One factory visit at the end of initial warranty. Everything else has been a handy man type issue. I expected this with our less than smooth roads in the west.

Good luck with the new coach.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack73 View Post
Circling back on this. I now have a '21 Bounder 35k on order

The changes to the chassis, engine performance, doghouse, new dash/steering wheel and awning were enough to push me towards the '21 over the concern of new v8 engine 'reliability' and increase in MSRP.

And now the several month wait begins
About time, Mack!

Congrats! Keep us all posted, especially about that new powertrain.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #22

awesome!! we have a 36f 35th anniversary on order! expected in mid January!
Mwf5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwf5555 View Post
awesome!! we have a 36f 35th anniversary on order! expected in mid January!
That IS awesome. Pics, or it didn't happen, right? Congrats!
Old 12-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #24
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
About time, Mack!

Congrats! Keep us all posted, especially about that new powertrain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
That IS awesome. Pics, or it didn't happen, right? Congrats!
I hope that both of you are happy with your decisions! And that the quality control has improved since my 2016 was made.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
I hope that both of you are happy with your decisions! And that the quality control has improved since my 2016 was made.
I guess we will find out. Mine is also estimated for mid January
Old 12-10-2020, 11:47 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Assume for a minute you wanted solar panels on your new RV.

Is that an option from the factory or do they only come "Prewired" for Solar?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Assume for a minute you wanted solar panels on your new RV.

Is that an option from the factory or do they only come "Prewired" for Solar?
Bounder comes with 100 watt installed, with an option to upgrade to 265 watt

Tags
bounder