Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #43

JW
Congrats on your new DP Winnie. I'm still staying with my Bounder just love that floorplan. Does your Winnie have multiple baths and if so how do they handle the black issue?
FWIW
I've mentioned before that the breaker in my 2016 is in the inverter compartment. I would like to add that it also an auto resetting type. To reset it you turn the power to the circuit off then back on. It has no reset button on the breaker.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bathroom summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
JW
Congrats on your new DP Winnie. I'm still staying with my Bounder just love that floorplan. Does your Winnie have multiple baths and if so how do they handle the black issue?
FWIW
I've mentioned before that the breaker in my 2016 is in the inverter compartment. I would like to add that it also an auto resetting type. To reset it you turn the power to the circuit off then back on. It has no reset button on the breaker.
Hi Al
Nice hearing from you again. Our Winnebago Ellipse has 1 1/2 baths (the 35K sold us on that) and we got a pretty good trade-in...the 35K is popular. Our Ellipse 43HD is a front living room model and has a macerator in rear full bath and a "direct deposit" stool in the half bath. I did get frustrated with the Vacuflush but mostly its location in the 2014 model we have. Too hard to service. I intentionally went away from total dependency on a "motorized" stool and had the one old style so that I will never be dependent on electricity to take a dump. My objective no breakers or parts that are complicated on one of the bathrooms.

Nice to hear from you. Stay in touch.

Bill
Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just read this entire thread. Wow! Kudos to all of you for for helping the rest of us through this!

But it's a disgrace that a technical, product which averages over $100k in price is so poorly documented. Fleetwood, please hire a technical writer (or 6) to keep your documentation up to date!
cyclist922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist922 View Post
I just read this entire thread. Wow! Kudos to all of you for for helping the rest of us through this!

But it's a disgrace that a technical, product which averages over $100k in price is so poorly documented. Fleetwood, please hire a technical writer (or 6) to keep your documentation up to date!
Very typical across the industry though.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #47

Can anyone tell me what happens in a vacuum flush system when the black tank is full?
hdfxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfxrs View Post
Can anyone tell me what happens in a vacuum flush system when the black tank is full?
There is a float in the black tank. It is connected to a shut down type relay. It should not flush/build new vacuum if the tank is full.
I believe this is the sensor/float part number F93-0105. It shows on the schematic of the black tank.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
There is a float in the black tank. It is connected to a shut down type relay. It should not flush/build new vacuum if the tank is full.

I believe this is the sensor/float part number F93-0105. It shows on the schematic of the black tank.

OK unfortunately I can comment on an aspect this. I did hear that if you overfill with say the tank flush you will have a fountain on the roof. I'm not saying how I know…
Old 02-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #50

Realize that an overflush of the black tank can happen to any coach with a built in tank flushing system if you leave it on too long. That's a tank flush issue not a vacuflush issue. Think what would happen to the inside of the coach if you went to flush it with a grossly overfilled black tank and a gravity toilet.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Realize that an overflush of the black tank can happen to any coach with a built in tank flushing system if you leave it on too long. That's a tank flush issue not a vacuflush issue. Think what would happen to the inside of the coach if you went to flush it with a grossly overfilled black tank and a gravity toilet.

You do have a way of painting a picture :-)
Old 02-22-2017, 06:14 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
OK unfortunately I can comment on an aspect this. I did hear that if you overfill with say the tank flush you will have a fountain on the roof. I'm not saying how I know…
In the computer world I call this operator error.
And not so confuse the answer to the original question - has not a thing to do with the vacuflush sensor and operating it.
It is a good point though. Oh how interesting it would be to see such a scene. Well, as long as it wasn't my rv Look daddy, that rv has an automatic roof wash...
Old 02-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep you guys are right - humorous comments aren't serious :-)
Old 10-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #54

2017 Bounder: currently trying to figure out why I don't have a red or green light on the wall in the bathroom and my vacuum pump stopped working. I assumed it is an electrical problem but the fuse appears to have continuity through it. The fuse i found is a 15 amp one located in the first cargo bay next to the steps. Is there also a breaker that could be tripped?
SMITHMJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:20 PM   #55
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHMJ97 View Post
2017 Bounder: currently trying to figure out why I don't have a red or green light on the wall in the bathroom and my vacuum pump stopped working. I assumed it is an electrical problem but the fuse appears to have continuity through it. The fuse i found is a 15 amp one located in the first cargo bay next to the steps. Is there also a breaker that could be tripped?
Has it ever worked correctly?

The pump is located in the compartment above the propane tank, takes a #2 square drive to remove screws. There is some wires that have Molex plugs on them. Might start checking there.

EDIT: I'll be back out tomorrow finishing up the latest Fleetwood screwup that I found, I'll try to take a look. If I am thinking correct there is a re-settable breaker in the Power Compartment to the left of the BCC on the wall.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #56

I did get it fixed yesterday afternoon but I'm not sure for how long. The fuse is located in the cargo bay next to the stairs but its a larger fuse than I'm used to in automobiles. I checked the continuity and it was good so then I checked the electricity down the line to the pump. I reconnected several wires and eventually after resetting the fuse and multiple connections the pump began working again. Op checked good for an hour afterwards. I can't explain exactly what made it reset but I assume the fuse tripped due to operational error and perhaps all was reset by reconnecting wires and fuses.

I just purchased the bounder and it did work correctly for many days. Reading these forums made me realize I have to expect upcoming maintenance with this pump.

About to start a four month trip from midwest to California and then to Florida.

Thank you to everyone on this forum who passes along good information and lessons learned. I'm the new guy.
SMITHMJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote