Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #1

35K Vacuflush revisited (Help WOODYDEL!!)

WOODYDEL!!!!

I was attempting to reply to this old thread in the hopes you can share with me the pictures that have gone to photobucket heaven.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/blac...ue-255960.html

I have joined here after finding your response to the OP here some 4 years ago.
I brought home a 2013 bounder 35K today for the wife and I to enjoy but can't until we troubleshoot these toilets. I've got most of the details covered but need your help understanding where you cut this panel and without pics, I'm stuck.
I was going to simply cut a nice hole under the bed but you mentioned to avoid that.
Hoping you will see this message as you havent posted on the board since July 2019. Any help appreciated!!!!
agpopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #2

I am NOT WOODYDEL, but I may be able to offer some insight to your issue, as I have a '16 35K with the vacuum pump system for toilets. And having to repair/replace mine 3 times I may be able to help.....
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bounder View Post
I am NOT WOODYDEL, but I may be able to offer some insight to your issue, as I have a '16 35K with the vacuum pump system for toilets. And having to repair/replace mine 3 times I may be able to help.....
Hi 16 Bounder. From what I have read you have the pump in an easy-to-access compartment and mine is stuffed in like a Christmas goose under the bed floor, in the center of the coach.

I think what WOODYDEL did after looking at mine today, was to cut the rear most rotomold compartment floor out from where the spare tire would lay and sit on a stool or kneel and get at it like that. Does anyone remember looking at the pics before they were lost?

I have porcelain toilets and after a little troubleshooting today surmised that I am drawing vacuum, but the rear toilet is leaking at the donut gasket. I'm going to start there and get as dirty as I have to to resolve it.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you haven't seen these post you might take a look at these.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flus...sh-236882.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flus...es-239299.html

You might consider sending the poster a PM if you don't get any better suggestions.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
If you haven't seen these post you might take a look at these.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flus...sh-236882.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flus...es-239299.html

You might consider sending the poster a PM if you don't get any better suggestions.
Thank you.
I had already read the one about flush the vacuflush.

It seems the issue I'm having is the closet gaskets are leaking. They are both porcelain toilets...I ordered new gaskets and they seem to be too loose of a fit. They came in as standard rv foam type gaskets after looking up the ones that match the toilet.
I can't be sure these toilets are factory as I didn't see any literature about the bpunder having porcelan heads.
I have a feeling they are the wrong gaskets for the vacuflush application. Has anyone replaced the gaskets before?
I have a black funnel closet flange, then a white spacer flange with a large decorative base trim that fits around them. Then the toilet goes on with the foam gasket.
The gasket leaks almost as soon as the pump is turned on...it builds vaccum bit not enough to shut off with the leak I hear.
I did take up the floor box in the rear bath that the toilet sits on and tightened the single clamp and added a second.

Can anyone point me to the right gaskets for this?

I'm going to give sealand a call tomorrow.

Thanks all.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

https://imgur.com/a/HOkODTH
Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a look at https://www.marinesan.com/VacuFlush-...show=30&page=1 They have about four pages of stuff with good photos.

FWIW mine is a porcelain throne.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Take a look at https://www.marinesan.com/VacuFlush-...show=30&page=1 They have about four pages of stuff with good photos.

FWIW mine is a porcelain throne.
Excellent website! I bet they will know a solution.
If yours is porcelain do you have a large white beauty trim that lays flat on the floor under the toilet base? Is your pedal on the right?
I think I'm narrowing it down to someone changing the toilet and using a gravity flush by mistake or weekend necessity.

The model I have in the rear is a Thetford Style 2, model 42059. I do not think it is compactable with the vac flush system.

Anyone think otherwise?
Old 09-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #9
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by agpopp View Post
Excellent website! I bet they will know a solution.
If yours is porcelain do you have a large white beauty trim that lays flat on the floor under the toilet base? Is your pedal on the right?
I think I'm narrowing it down to someone changing the toilet and using a gravity flush by mistake or weekend necessity.

The model I have in the rear is a Thetford Style 2, model 42059. I do not think it is compactable with the vac flush system.

Anyone think otherwise?
Got the beauty ring. Left flush. I want to say mine is Dometic but won't swear to the fact.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Got the beauty ring. Left flush. I want to say mine is Dometic but won't swear to the fact.
Called around today. I have a Thetford gravity toilet on a vacuflush funnel. Obviously a no go. This was about 180 bucks, the one I need, a dometic 5006 is 600. I see what they did there.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #11

So yup, someone put a thetford gravity toilet in the rear bathroom. I got my new dometic 506 installed, cost 600 with shipping from Northeast Sanitation in New York.
Still wont give me a green light, but both bowls are holding water, are not leaking form the bases (changed the forward head base gasket as well) and its making a lot of vaccum. Next I might try a plunger to see if maybe there is a wad of TP wedged somewhere. Then I guess it's time to figure out how to get in there and do a duck bill and bellows change.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd like to know what makes them so special that they are so expensive. Makes on think a Homer Bucket might be worth it.

You say it make lots of vacuum, I wonder if the previous owner set the vacuum switch up super high to overcome his leaks and still get some flush action.

IIRC they should be set at about 10 PSI. If you look around at the site I gave you they show the gauge at $70 (?). I made mine with a vacuum gauge $10, an additional fitting and a rubber plug that is tapered 7/8 to 1 inch and some hose. Got it close enough.

I got a tall, skinny, strong with good mechanical ability grandson I'll rent out to you. Plus he has experience with the Vacuflush system. Freight not included.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #13

Quote:
I'd like to know what makes them so special that they are so expensive. Makes on think a Homer Bucket might be worth it.

You say it make lots of vacuum, I wonder if the previous owner set the vacuum switch up super high to overcome his leaks and still get some flush action.

IIRC they should be set at about 10 PSI. If you look around at the site I gave you they show the gauge at $70 (?). I made mine with a vacuum gauge $10, an additional fitting and a rubber plug that is tapered 7/8 to 1 inch and some hose. Got it close enough.

I got a tall, skinny, strong with good mechanical ability grandson I'll rent out to you. Plus he has experience with the Vacuflush system. Freight not included.
RRR,
I thought about what you said about the pressure switch and did a little experiment. I put some water in the pots and threw the switch to on for a minute then turned off. I let them sit for about 30 minutes and flushed one, still had plenty of vacuum. That leads me to think someone did mess with the pressure switch.
Only problem is I can’t fit in there lol. Where does this grandson live?
I’m going to cut the by floor out and make a patch panel I guess.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #14
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in OR and I see you are in PA. Too large to ship Big Brown. Maybe Grayhound but the amount of food he can consume may be a balancing act between air freight and bus.

Besides DD has him on a very short leash right now. Typical teenage stupid stuff.

Good luck on the cut and patch.