Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
39v rear sink drain hose

I own a 2006 39V. On our last trip, while I was outside the RV, my wife ran some water in the rear sink. I noticed that the water was running straight to the ground. There is a hose that is connected to the sink that extends with the full-wall slide. In this instance, the hose did not extend. I got a pair of pliers and was able to pull the hose out a few inches but stopped there because I didnít want to damage anything. The local repair shop is booked until late August. Would be nice if I could fix this issue myself. Has anyone with a similar rig had the same problem? If so, how did you fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A6D7AB8A-63F0-4497-B86E-32D5E660E7F4.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	293020  
Attached Images

swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2020, 04:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop View Post
I own a 2006 39V. On our last trip, while I was outside the RV, my wife ran some water in the rear sink. I noticed that the water was running straight to the ground. There is a hose that is connected to the sink that extends with the full-wall slide. In this instance, the hose did not extend. I got a pair of pliers and was able to pull the hose out a few inches but stopped there because I didnít want to damage anything. The local repair shop is booked until late August. Would be nice if I could fix this issue myself. Has anyone with a similar rig had the same problem? If so, how did you fix it?

My 40v works the same way, grab that pvc pipe and put back into coupling. That pipe slides in and out of another pvc.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:44 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
My 40v works the same way, grab that pvc pipe and put back into coupling. That pipe slides in and out of another pvc.
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try soon. It was pretty resistant when I first tried it so I stopped, afraid I might break something. Did you have the same problem?
Old 07-13-2020, 06:58 PM   #4

39v rear sink drain hose

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try soon. It was pretty resistant when I first tried it so I stopped, afraid I might break something. Did you have the same problem?

No I just know how it works. You might put some type of lube on it.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #5

That white pipe should slip in and out with little resistance. I know that when the gray is full water will leak past that slip joint. Other than that I have not messed with mine in 6+ years.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
That white pipe should slip in and out with little resistance. I know that when the gray is full water will leak past that slip joint. Other than that I have not messed with mine in 6+ years.
Thanks! We will be taking the RV on a trip next week so I will attempt to fix it then.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Problem solved! Took the RV out last week and was able to get the pipe reinstalled. First, I sprayed a little WD-40 on the outside of the pipe a waited a while. Afterwards, I was able to pull hose out enough to get it within 6 inches of the sink drain hose. Had the wife bring the slide in a little bit while I aimed the pipe into the sink drain hose. Tightened everything up and extended the slide. All worked well. We will see how it goes on the next trip when we extend the slide!
(a "before" photo is attached; the black hose goes to the sink)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6511.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	295838  
Old 08-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #8

Thanks for the update.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:02 PM   #9

Great! Problem solved and didnít cost anything canít beat that.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:40 PM   #10

you have only bandaided the issue. There is a rubber sealer collar inside the pipes. It's about 3" long with a rubberized ends over a steel pipe collar. It serves to provide a lubricated adapter seal between the two pipes that slide together and prevents smells back in to the coach and some water seal too. Over time that collar rusts and swells from corrosion and gets stuck. Mine did the same. The coach smelled like sewer on a trip home and I discovered the problem and just like yours the pipe was stuck in side. There is an access under the carpet you will need to find. Mine was a corner box by the shower easily lifted and exposed where I needed to release the other receiving pipe to clean it up and replace that collar ordered from fleetwood.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimfh View Post
you have only bandaided the issue. There is a rubber sealer collar inside the pipes. It's about 3" long with a rubberized ends over a steel pipe collar. It serves to provide a lubricated adapter seal between the two pipes that slide together and prevents smells back in to the coach and some water seal too. Over time that collar rusts and swells from corrosion and gets stuck. Mine did the same. The coach smelled like sewer on a trip home and I discovered the problem and just like yours the pipe was stuck in side. There is an access under the carpet you will need to find. Mine was a corner box by the shower easily lifted and exposed where I needed to release the other receiving pipe to clean it up and replace that collar ordered from fleetwood.
Thanks for the info Jimfh. I will check it out on the next trip. Can you point me to the part that you ordered? Also, why would there be a sewer smell if the sink is draining into the gray tank?
Old 08-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for the info Jimfh. I will check it out on the next trip. Can you point me to the part that you ordered? Also, why would there be a sewer smell if the sink is draining into the gray tank?
Gray water smells too on a trip from sinks shower etc even with chemicals. Your P-Traps on each drain blocks that smell from coming back up through the drains but when that extending pipe seal fails and the pipes pull apart as yours (and mine) did, it becomes an open source from the gray tank and smell gets back in the coach. That collar inside the two pipes seals it off when in place. As for the part number, I did buy two at the time a few years back. I'll have to check my parts inventory when I visit the coach next but Fleetwood will know. They will need your VIN number. I'll try to remember to get that part number. Your pictures are the same as mine.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:49 PM   #13

Looking forward to your findings. I have the exact setup.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:39 AM   #14

Quote:

Bacteria can grow anywhere, have you tried a little bleach and flush tank?

Tags
hose