Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #1

4 way valve and water pump

I have a problem with the 4 way valve in that when I have shore water connected and the valve pointing to 'City', it leaks by and fills the FW tank (slowly). This issue I will take to dealer when I do my warranty trip in June.

During the investigation of this issue, I downloaded the manufacturer's instruction for the valve. According to those, to run the pump, you should have the valve on 'Normal'. Up until now, I've been running it on 'City'. Running this way, the pump starts when a faucet is opened and shuts off shortly after closing the last faucet. When running in 'Normal' the pump runs continuously.

So, is this all correct? If so, what is the logic for the pump performing 2 different ways?

Thanks,
Dave
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #2

You likely have an Anderson valve that is passing. Sort of a common problem. I know for a fact mine was damaged when I changed the valve position with it under pressure. Several people have reported similar results. Some folks had to have the stem of the Anderson valve replaced, while others have had the whole valve assembly replaced to cure your issue.

I've considered adding a gravity tank fill and a antifreeze/santizeT to eliminate the Anderson valve.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #3

Doc
Sounds like you have a malfunctioning Anderson Valve. If you call the Anderson Brass Company customer support they may well send you a repair cartridge kit for your valve at no charge. I know that when I called them they sent me a cartridge.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #4

Thanks! I would do that but Im on the road for another 3 weeks and shortly thereafter I will take this is for a series of small warranty repair.

Now, can anyone comment on the pump running continuously on 'Normal' vs running on demand on 'City'"

Also, has anyone made the mod to a gravity fill and if so, can you show us?

Another thought would be the addition of an in-line valve in the line to the FW.

Dave
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #5

The 2017 has a gravity fill, at least the ones I saw at the Fleetwood rally last year did. The Anderson Valve cartridge has a series of washers/gaskets built around a central core what I suspect has happened is that running the pump with the valve in the wrong position has damaged one of the seals preventing the pump from building pressure and not shutting off. Also it's not too difficult to get the valve a little bit off center when you rotate it so It's also possible that the pressure is bleeding off there. Try moving the valve a little bit with the pump on and see if it seats itself.
Also Anderson sent me the cartridge kit when I was on the road to the RV park I was staying at. If your plans have you someplace for a few days that may be helpful.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump