Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
40X electrical prob

2007 40x discovery. Galley 120v blew when I accidently plugged too much in. Fridge is on. some Recep are on. Basement is on. Breakers on panel in bedrpom have all been toggled. Checked every GFI I could find. Have ordered schematics. Manuals useless.

Is there another 120v panel? Is there a GFI hidden somewhere? Thanks
Belgique is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2016, 06:31 PM   #2

Yes there is probably another GFI to reset. I have spent too much time chasing my tail trying to find the problem only to find another gfi that was tripped.

good luck

pointrow
Old 12-14-2016, 09:44 PM   #3
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Try tripping and resetting all the GFIs in the outlets. My bathroom GFI outlet controls the outlet above the kitchen sink.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Update: Fleetwood customer service was great. The GFI for that circuit is, as stated above, in the bathroom. It will not reset. It either is broke or not getting power. Since everywhere else is working I'm betting a bad GFI so its off to the hardware store. Will report back. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 12-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgique View Post
Is there another 120v panel? Is there a GFI hidden somewhere? Thanks
Two answers and they are both YES.

As someone suggested there could be a 2nd GFCI.. I can aid you in finding it if it is the correct type.. For this discussion GFCI's come in two types, The church I used to belong to the GFCI telltale lit when it was "Set" Most the light comes on if "Tripped". so at twilight, turn off all lights and in the dim light look for the little red taletale.. (Life bed spreads and such as well)

More likely however is this:
A question: DO YOU HAVE AN INVERTER? (I've had people tell me "I don't know" they did by the way)

IF you do then YES there is a 2nd panel, it may be on the inverter itself (his was) or a separate panel (mine is) elsewhere (not far from the primary panel) I know where mine is.

On the Inverter (if you have one) his were right there front and visible (THUD.. Sound of me hitting the ground in shock) and were Toggles that clearly showed OFF and ON (one each)....

ON many they are Post type (Push in to reset) and often around back where you need as they say "Both hands and a mirror" to see 'em. (Also on one or the other side)

I'm guessing you have an inverter
Old 12-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
DING DING DING!!!!!! WA8YXM wins!!!! You, sir are my hero.

I saw your post on the way out the door to the hardware store. I have a honker inverter and even know where it is. I did not know it had circuit breakers on it. Opened the door and there was a pop-out breaker standing proud! Pushed it in and all is well again. Whew. Thanks so much!!!!

Tags
electrical