Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #1

50 amp EMS remote display not working

I have a 08 Fleetwood Expedition with the Intellitec 50 amp energy management system. Went to get ready for my Christmas trip and the remote display was not working. I looked in the technical manual and the trouble shooting steps are a bit limited. Everything seemed to check out fine so I was wondering if any one else has had a problem with the remote unit dying on them. There is no LED indication of amps, equipment powered or Generator running. Everything in the coach will power up and the generator will feed the whole coach. Intellitec does not provide owners with any tech support and the warranty is only 1 yr. I found a new remote for around 100 dollars but would like to rule out any issues that may have damaged the original unit before I replace it. Thanks for any help in advance.
dynaride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
hi ride:

i had same question - so then had email correspondence with the company
below is the reply....

regards, pdq
remote current display area is disabled as well. Prior version of the
EMS would behave the same, meaning the remote display would be disabled.
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #3

Here is the site for the manuals.
Service Manuals

pcurt
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Only the amp (current) display should be disabled when on 50A - the other lights should still work. Or at least they do on mine.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #5

Thanks for the response. I will do some more trouble shooting when I can get the display unit out. Maybe there is a way to open the case. Could be a fuse or I might see a burnt spot on the board. The answers in the email don't match the way it worked when it was new as I could monitor my amp draw when plugged in and all lights would be lit when power was avail to the load shed proctected equipment. I will again check the output v of the main board and check for any grounds in the remote display wiring. If it all looks good I will buy a new remote display.
dynaride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #6

Had a similar problem

Had a similar problem that was solved by disconnecting both the house and chassis batteries for a couple of minutes and then reconnecting on my 2007 Fleetwood Excursion.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
On my EMS system, I can't read the current usage when connected to 50 amp shore power, but it will display the current draw when the generator is supplying power. This is because of the way the EMS current transformers are arranged on the EMS feeds.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynaride99
I have a 08 Fleetwood Expedition with the Intellitec 50 amp energy management system. Went to get ready for my Christmas trip and the remote display was not working. I looked in the technical manual and the trouble shooting steps are a bit limited. Everything seemed to check out fine so I was wondering if any one else has had a problem with the remote unit dying on them. There is no LED indication of amps, equipment powered or Generator running. Everything in the coach will power up and the generator will feed the whole coach. Intellitec does not provide owners with any tech support and the warranty is only 1 yr. I found a new remote for around 100 dollars but would like to rule out any issues that may have damaged the original unit before I replace it. Thanks for any help in advance.
If one of your breakers are off or bad,you will get weird output on the ems display. Ask me how I know.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
On my EMS system, I can't read the current usage when connected to 50 amp shore power, but it will display the current draw when the generator is supplying power. This is because of the way the EMS current transformers are arranged on the EMS feeds.
Mine also works this way plus when hooked to 30 amp it will also show the draw. When hooked to 50 amps there are two lines showing only.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Mine doesn't show up on 50 amp, 30 amp or generator power. It's new and we don't know how it works.
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

You have some sort of problem, then. Could be as simply as a disconnected wire from the monitor to the panel, or as complex as a bad circuit board.

You can view a detailed service manual for your Powerline EMS here. There are several models depending on the year of the coach, but the differences are minor.
http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/intel...5322100100.pdf
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote