Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #1

60 Year Old Newbie 1st RV FLT SW 32V Questions

Hello All,

I have not posted a new member post yet primarily because I don't take possession of the RV until this coming Saturday and I need to know more about what I've got.

However I do have an issue that I'd really like to resolve ASAP, and although I did a quick search here I did not find an answer - and I really apologize if this is the nth time this question has been asked.

The previous owner accidentally mixed the entire RV package documentation with stuff he was sending to goodwill. I have absolutely nothing for documentation / manuals for this rig. I've been living in "the google" land for 3 days now and all I can find is the owner's manual.

I am very mechanically inclined and always do all my own work. I need to find the wiring schematics, service manual (original factory very much preferred), manuals on everything else (generator, water heater, etc...). I know this thing is 21 years old now but still I'd think I'd find something useful out there.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Not even looking for free - paying for the docs is worth it. Thank you so much!

2000 Fleetwood Southwind V10, 32V, 50th anniversary edition.
squidchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2021, 02:41 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

For any appliances you need a manual for try this site.

www.myrvworks.com/manuals/

Actual wiring schematics for the Fleetwood portion of the coach may not exist , but if they do I'm sure a member here will be able to help .
Info on wiring for the Ford ; F-53 ; chassis should be reasonably easy to find .

Wiring for some sections, of the coach, like a BCC ( Battery Control Center ) are available , just need info on what the coach is equipped with or post a picture of anything you have questions about.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #3

Skip,

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll be spending the weekend gathering all the specifics so I can better help myself / help others find the information.

Thanks again.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #4

Is it a ford or gm/chevy?? For gen look in appliance section and members have posted manuals.. good luck.. flush all fluids.. brakes and diff.. grease brake calipers.. flush p/s oil.. check dates on tires and front air bags check press...
donr103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:17 PM   #5

I have the same RV but a 2005. Previous owner kept everything. If you can't find what you need, let me know and I'll scan/email anything that I have.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #6

Fleetwood is very good with providing information when you call them. Here is the link for your owner's manual:

https://big.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspa...515&focal=none

And for fun - here's the original brochure for that year:
https://big.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspa...919&focal=none

Once you have possession of the coach - you can get the Fleetwood Identification Number off the tag inside. Then you can call their tech support line at 800-509-3417 - you'll have to navigate through a few automated choices, but you will get to a person. They are very friendly and can provide any information they have on your specific build.

I just completed some projects on my new to me 2015 Storm 28MS and they were able to provide the 12v and 120v wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams, aux battery diagrams (I just added Lithium), the custom color design sheet as it was ordered as well as the actual dealer build sheet invoice.

I suspect you can get most of what you need. However - they will not provide structural information on the roofs.

Good luck and welcome to the Fleetwood family!

P.S. This forum will provide a lot of information if you can't find it. :-)
edit4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:18 PM   #7

skip426, donr103, rdpatrick, edit4ever -

Thank you very much for your replies, I appreciate it. I've got a bunch of pictures that I took of specific items that I need / want documentation on. I don't think the quantity is appropriate to stick directly here - is there someplace I can drop the pictures and just supply the links in this thread?

As I mentioned before, electrical schematics of the as-built would be great - no, bigger than great, more like cosmically awesome.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2021, 08:24 PM   #8

edit4ever - Thanks. Funny, the 2 links you posted was also the only two docs I've found so far!

Thanks for the Fleetwood contact info. I'll give them a call tomorrow!
Old 06-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #9

Here is my basic info / specs:

2000 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
50th Anniversary Edition
Chassis = Ford
Chassis Trim = Super Duty
One Slide (Table / Sofa area)
Recliner
Engine = 6.8L, V10, 20V SOHC
Gas Tank = 75 gal
Fresh Water = 60 gal
Water Heater = 6 gal
Body Waste Holding = 42 gal
Grey Water Holding = 58 gal
Propane Tank = 25 gal
Furnace 34M BTU (not positive but listed as standard equip)
A/C unit(s) = Unknown
Generator = Onan 5500
Inverter / Battery Charger =Unknown (can only see a side that is Aqua in color, with a name in big red script letters with the word COMBI under it)
Xantrex power panel
Ventline indicator and control panel
Old 06-14-2021, 04:10 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
squidchief-

First off, welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

You'll find a wealth of information on your-era Southwinds at iRV2 member "Waiter21's" Web site:

1999 Southwind 35S

Make sure you explore the entire site, not just the "Downloads" section.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #11

l1v3fr33ord1 - Thanks, will do!
Old 06-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #12

Perhaps this manual will help with the inverter .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf freedom_combie_owner_manual.pdf (449.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #13

skip426,

Thanks! Yes, I'd say the red script would be Freedom. That side is so close to the frame that I can barely make anything out. I can tell you it has a bunch of LED lights on that side, so your manual is probably for a different model. I'll just have to unbolt the unit and turn it around to get a better look at it. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:52 PM   #14

Inverter / Charger - Modified to Pure Suggestions Requested

I don't know if this should be its own thread or not - mod, if so please move it.

I found out that the installed inverter / charger is Freedom 81-2010-12, which is a 2000 watt modified sine wave. Due to medical equipment and sensitive electronics I think I'm going to need to replace it with a pure sine wave unit.

I saw this Samlex 2200 (see pics) and I wanted to ask for opinions on if this is a good option. I'm pretty sure I'll have to replace the control panel in the RV also with Samlex's one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samlex 2200 Inverter-Charger -1.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	332123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samlex 2200 Inverter-Charger -2.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	332124  

Attached Images