RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2020, 07:51 AM   #1

92 Southwind engine Fusebox Location?

I've acquired a 92 Southwind that last ran 10 years ago. I was able to get the vehicle to crank, but no start so need to troubleshoot fuel and spark.

While looking over manuals for an F53 Chassis (Ford 7.5 litre gas) it looks like there should be a large fuse/relay box somewhere with chassis/engine related Fuses and Relays. All I can find is a small fusebox in the left side driver area under the dash which only has the flasher relay. Does anyone know if/where another chassis fusebox is located on this rig?
BoulderPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #2

fuse boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderPaul View Post
I've acquired a 92 Southwind that last ran 10 years ago. I was able to get the vehicle to crank, but no start so need to troubleshoot fuel and spark.

While looking over manuals for an F53 Chassis (Ford 7.5 litre gas) it looks like there should be a large fuse/relay box somewhere with chassis/engine related Fuses and Relays. All I can find is a small fusebox in the left side driver area under the dash which only has the flasher relay. Does anyone know if/where another chassis fusebox is located on this rig?
there may be 2 under the front hood, one is in the center and one is on the front right facing the hood, look for wires and battery cables, there may be another under the fridge with a wood panel door on hinges, 12 volt dc fuses for the house and 120vac breakers are inside that door. The generator has several breakers. Inside the door to my water connections there is also a fuse for the water pump.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #3

mine is a 2000 F53 Southwind. There is not one in the water cabinet, my Jayco class c had one there. My slide and Electric awning have 2 auto ckt breakers with the house batteries. under the steps

Old 10-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #4

Thanks for the photos, however my rig is different. Still trying to find the Fuel Pump fuse and relay on 92 Southwind F53 chassis. I changed the ignition coil, I'm able get engine to "start" with starter fluid , but no fuel pressure to keep it running. Need to check electrical part of fuel system, but nothing is labeled for fuel pump on this beast.
BoulderPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #5

see if this helps

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/pho...27880ca492.jpg

Tags
cat, engine, fuse, southwind, wind