Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is nothing on the RV-CP BCC circuit board that can't be repaired or replaced with discreet components with the exception of the bidirectional relay delay functions. However, that circuit can be replaced with the Intellitec BIRD cheaper than buying a new BCC circuit board.
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulong View Post
I see that in the Aux Start Switch diagnostics the Relay Drop out voltage for rev C & up is 13.2v. I obtained another copy of this document (found it through this forum) and it quotes 12.2v.

Do you know which is correct?

thanks

David
Old 10-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysystems View Post
I see that in the Aux Start Switch diagnostics the Relay Drop out voltage for rev C & up is 13.2v. I obtained another copy of this document (found it through this forum) and it quotes 12.2v.

Do you know which is correct?

thanks

David
The correct figure should be 12.2 volts. I'll change my copy of the document.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #18

Quote:
The correct figure should be 12.2 volts. I'll change my copy of the document.
Thanks. So I assume the drop out is 12.2 volts with ignition on and 12.6 volts with it off (gas engine)

I need to do some testing. I only see the relay energised. Last time I checked the house battery was at 12.25 volts

Did you change the reply? the email I got said something different....

thanks

David
Old 10-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysystems View Post
Thanks. So I assume the drop out is 12.2 volts with ignition on and 12.6 volts with it off (gas engine)

I need to do some testing. I only see the relay energised. Last time I checked the house battery was at 12.25 volts

Did you change the reply? the email I got said something different....

thanks

David
Yes I did reply and then I changed it. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time. Your statement that "I assume the drop out is 12.2 volts with ignition on and 12.6 volts with it off (gas engine)", doesn't have much meaning unless the alternator drops below 12.2. The reason they changed from 12.2 to 12.6 was to (disconnect the two batteries) earlier, to preserve a greater charge in the chassis battery.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Yes I did reply and then I changed it. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time. Your statement that "I assume the drop out is 12.2 volts with ignition on and 12.6 volts with it off (gas engine)", doesn't have much meaning unless the alternator drops below 12.2. The reason they changed from 12.2 to 12.6 was to (disconnect the two batteries) earlier, to preserve a greater charge in the chassis battery.
Thanks

I'm just trying to see if my BCC is functioning correctly. I know that the relay pulls in when I switch on the master switches for both batteries.
BOTH my batteries went flat a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I left something running and forgot to hit the master switches.
Just checked and after sitting for a week they both show around 12.7 volts.

Otherwise I'm having no problems - both charge fine.

David
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #21

DC Voltage drain Main Battery

Hi Guys,
I'm still having problems with my DC/AC system, I have the 96' Bounder, 480 gas eng. 30' unit. I keep my unit @ my friends farm connected to 120v constantly with only the frig on. I'm usually gone sometimes for a week. I disconnected my security alarm too. When I came back to stay in it my engine battery was drained? I had no lights or anything. I put a charge on the main battery & in a little while things started working again? Why is that battery draining? I know the relays are working but I'm missing something, I have to keep a charger on when I use the furnace in Oct. The batteries are a yr old, is it my converter or do I have to replace my board? Why the eng battery & not unit batteries, when I tried to charge the 2 6volt batteries I got an arc? Something is completely bypassing those batteries & draining the eng battery & of course the converter isn't recharging that battery. As of now I don't dare take my unit cross country, can someone help me. I have the BCC from RV Customs, I have my schematic on the web site already. I just hate to have start replacing components.

Thanks Gary

wyattchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder