Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 01:27 AM   #15

wa8yxm

Why not give us a link to that file.
Kept Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old Bounder supplied the link in his post. It show the second transfer switch that is connected to the front AC when on Gen. on that spare 20 amp circuit from the Gen. I learn by doing on my first long trip in my '04 Southward, had both transfer switched go out on me . MH was only 3 years old at the time.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
Maybe you should read, and try to understand, this document.
Very interesting and thanks I need that for my reference library

It however is not the system I was speaking of.. You are seriously down line from the system I was speaking of There is no auto transfer switch in the diagram you sent me. That is an energy manager (load shedder) not a transfer switch.

It does reference the ATS (The "Change Over" module shown as part of the master breaker panel on page 9) but it is not the ATS. The ATS is a different box.. Since you linked to Dropbox you make me work for it.

I can no longer find it on the INtelletec site (Seems they no longer show ANY service manuals there which greatly changes my opinion of them) and it did not make it to my current computer.. I used to have a copy on the hd. But I have a feeling that is the broken computer in the back.

I do, however, agree with you 100% that the system described makes no sense. In fact I said so in my earlier post. I mean that is way more complex.. But that is they way it was designed. I trust my memory on that. Mostly because I thought WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING (it made an impression).. The 50 amp system I have is much more sensable.

(Oh, How would I design it. Same exactly as the 50 amp with an additional screw or two for connecting wires that go to the REAR A/C (Neutral and ground) just use smaller solenoids. That wouid be way simpler.. But I don't design 'em, I just read the designs and shake my head).
Old 08-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
So first the mystery of the missing 20 amp circuit from the generator needs to be solved. It could be as simple as bad breaker at the generator. Next, Chuy will have to determine it the complexity is worth it to make the change. As I read the ECC manual, it doesn't actually switch power, it controls 12 v relays that shut the A/C units off to prevent current overload. To run a 20 amp cord to the A/C, you'd have to disable the relay that the ECC controls. Of course when you can't hook up your second shore cord or are on generator, you'd want the ECC to control the A/C units so you don't overload the demand.

It can be done, but it's more complicated than just wiring the one A/C to a cord. I'd start with installing an outlet that has two female plugs, one connected to the breaker in the breaker box that controls the rear A/C. The second outlet would be connected to the 20 amp extension cord. The 120 v wires from the rear A/C would have a plug installed that could be plugged into the circuit breaker (which would be connected by the ATS to either the 30 amp shore cord or generator) or the 20 amp cord. Then a switch would need to be installed to cut the signal to the low voltage wiring to the relay in the rear A/C. Failure to turn it back on when the 20 amp extra cord isn't being used would possibly result in flipped CB due to overload.
Bob, none of what you list here is necessary when you have the Intellitec ECC system.

True, an extension cord wired to the second air unit only switches the 120vac, but that is all that needs switching since the ECC only works with Ducted air units that are controlled by the system wall thermostats. The ECC inserts itself between the thermostat and the air units, so it doesn't care where the 120vac comes from. Correctly configured and installed, the extension cord would prevent the normal 120vac source from reaching the air unit. Removing the cord would allow restoring the unit to original. Very simple. My Bounder is NOW configured that way.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Very interesting and thanks I need that for my reference library

It however is not the system I was speaking of.. You are seriously down line from the system I was speaking of There is no auto transfer switch in the diagram you sent me. That is an energy manager (load shedder) not a transfer switch.

It does reference the ATS (The "Change Over" module shown as part of the master breaker panel on page 9) but it is not the ATS. The ATS is a different box.. Since you linked to Dropbox you make me work for it.

I can no longer find it on the INtelletec site (Seems they no longer show ANY service manuals there which greatly changes my opinion of them) and it did not make it to my current computer.. I used to have a copy on the hd. But I have a feeling that is the broken computer in the back.

I do, however, agree with you 100% that the system described makes no sense. In fact I said so in my earlier post. I mean that is way more complex.. But that is they way it was designed. I trust my memory on that. Mostly because I thought WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING (it made an impression).. The 50 amp system I have is much more sensable.

(Oh, How would I design it. Same exactly as the 50 amp with an additional screw or two for connecting wires that go to the REAR A/C (Neutral and ground) just use smaller solenoids. That wouid be way simpler.. But I don't design 'em, I just read the designs and shake my head).
John, John, John......
The document I sent you certainly does have an ATS (automatic transfer switch) for running the second air conditioner from the 20amp breaker on the 5KW generator. Look at page 9. Intellitec calls it a Transfer Relay Delay because it has the same delay as the larger transfer switches (relays) do.
This Document clearly identifies it as a transfer relay (transfer switch). This is the switch that is used in the Intellitec ECC system. It has nothing to do with the 30amp generator feed going to the main coach power transfer switch.

IF you could read a diagram, and IF you understood what the Intellitec ECC (which clearly states that it is a Climate Control, and not an Energy Management System) does, you would know what that transfer switch actually does.

The ATS, shown on page 9, has only one purpose and that is to sense when the generator is runnung and to switch the second air unit to generator power. PERIOD...

By The Way, the load shedding capability of this ECC has NOTHING to do with that TRANSFER SWITCH. The load shedding is accomplished by monitoring the total current passing through the main panel breaker, and using that info to control the fan and compressor relays in the units.

There IS not, and never was, a 30amp gasser system wired as you described.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am fully capable of reading an elementary wiring diagram.. Been doing it for years. And I agree that that delay line is there.

But that's not the topic of discussion,, Where power to that 20 amp breaker comes from. that is the topic of discussion.

So, where do YOU think it comes from?
Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I am fully capable of reading an elementary wiring diagram.. Been doing it for years. And I agree that that delay line is there.
But that's not the topic of discussion,, Where power to that 20 amp breaker comes from. that is the topic of discussion.
So, where do YOU think it comes from?
Obviously you don't really understand the topic of discussion at all. The discussion is;

What does the 20amp Generator breaker FEED? ....NOT where does it get it's power?

The only 20amp breaker being discussed is the 20amp breaker located on the generator.

The 30amp breaker on the generator is hardwired to the GEN input on the MAIN ATS. ......(just like the diagram shows)

The 20amp breaker is hardwired to the GEN input on the ECC supplied ATS. ......(just like the diagram shows)

When the generator is NOT running, the second air unit gets it's power through the normally closed contacts of the ECC ATS, from a CB in the main breaker panel. ......(just like the diagram shows)

When the generator IS running, after a 20second delay, the second air unit gets it's power from the 20amp breaker on the generator, through the normally open contacts in the ECC ATS. ......(just like the diagram shows)